    absolutely NO extras, nada... zip!
    Was this done deliberately? I figured that they would've included at least a
    'Making Of' or a deleted scene or two.
    Owl Jolson, Mar 2, 2005

  2. Owl Jolson

    Jay G. Guest

    On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 11:28:44 -0600, Owl Jolson wrote:

    > I rented the dvd from Blockbuster and was surprised to find that there were
    > absolutely NO extras, nada... zip!
    > Was this done deliberately? I figured that they would've included at least a
    > 'Making Of' or a deleted scene or two.

    The DVD for sale has a making of, a commentary track, and the trailer for
    the film.

    -Jay
    Jay G., Mar 2, 2005

  3. Owl Jolson

    AceoHearts Guest

    I picked it up at Best Buy yesterday and the disc has, a Making of
    Featurette, trailers, and commentary. Looks like either there are 2
    versions or you got a bad DVD.

    AceoHearts
    AceoHearts, Mar 2, 2005
  4. "Owl Jolson" <> wrote in message
    >I rented the dvd from Blockbuster and was surprised to find that there were
    > absolutely NO extras, nada... zip!
    > Was this done deliberately? I figured that they would've included at least
    > 'Making Of' or a deleted scene or two.

    I had read a while back that they were going to release BOTH versions of
    this movie when the DVD came out. Guess they went in the opposite direction.
    Incremental Jones, Mar 2, 2005
  5. Owl Jolson

    M.B. Guest

    Incremental Jones wrote:
    > "Owl Jolson" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I rented the dvd from Blockbuster and was surprised to find that there were
    >>absolutely NO extras, nada... zip!
    >>Was this done deliberately? I figured that they would've included at least
    >>'Making Of' or a deleted scene or two.

    > I had read a while back that they were going to release BOTH versions of
    > this movie when the DVD came out. Guess they went in the opposite direction.

    They changed that decision a while back. They're going to release the
    Paul Schrader version at a later date.
    M.B., Mar 2, 2005
  6. Owl Jolson

    TB Guest

    "M.B." wrote:

    >>>I rented the dvd from Blockbuster and was surprised to find that there
    >>>were
    >>>absolutely NO extras, nada... zip!
    >>>Was this done deliberately? I figured that they would've included at
    >>>least a
    >>>'Making Of' or a deleted scene or two.

    >> I had read a while back that they were going to release BOTH versions of
    >> this movie when the DVD came out. Guess they went in the opposite
    >> direction.

    > They changed that decision a while back. They're going to release the
    > Paul Schrader version at a later date.

    Continuing on this subject, I was surprised that the movie wasn't that bad,
    certainly not the utter bomb I had heard it was when it opened in theaters.

    Obviously it would have to be a catastrophic failure to match or surpass
    Exorcist 2 and while I liked the genuinely creepy tone of E3, I think EtB is
    a bit better and more entertaining movie. It almost reminds me of an
    extended episode of X-Files or Millennium.

    I certainly liked it a *lot* better than "Constantine."

    T.B.
    TB, Mar 2, 2005
  7. "M.B." <> wrote in message
    > Incremental Jones wrote:
    >> "Owl Jolson" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I rented the dvd from Blockbuster and was surprised to find that there
    >>>were
    >>>absolutely NO extras, nada... zip!
    >>>Was this done deliberately? I figured that they would've included at
    >>>least a
    >>>'Making Of' or a deleted scene or two.

    >> I had read a while back that they were going to release BOTH versions of
    >> this movie when the DVD came out. Guess they went in the opposite
    >> direction.

    > They changed that decision a while back. They're going to release the
    > Paul Schrader version at a later date.

    That's gotta be a first but they have nothing to loose and a bit of expenses
    to recoup.

    I wonder if they'll ever release the original version of Kangaroo Jack that
    didn't center on the kangaroo.
    Not that I want to see it.
    Incremental Jones, Mar 2, 2005
  8. Owl Jolson

    M.B. Guest

    TB wrote:

    >>>I had read a while back that they were going to release BOTH versions of
    >>>this movie when the DVD came out. Guess they went in the opposite
    >>>direction.

    >>They changed that decision a while back. They're going to release the
    >>Paul Schrader version at a later date.

    > Continuing on this subject, I was surprised that the movie wasn't that bad,
    > certainly not the utter bomb I had heard it was when it opened in theaters.
    >
    > Obviously it would have to be a catastrophic failure to match or surpass
    > Exorcist 2 and while I liked the genuinely creepy tone of E3, I think EtB is
    > a bit better and more entertaining movie. It almost reminds me of an
    > extended episode of X-Files or Millennium.
    >
    > I certainly liked it a *lot* better than "Constantine."
    >
    > T.B.

    I was greatly disappointed by it. It was filled with a lot of cheap
    scares and little to no substance. I'm curious to see what the Schrader
    version is going to be like, assuming that the studio exec that produced
    it (don't remember his name this instant) allows him to cut and edit it
    the way he wants it to be edited.
    M.B., Mar 2, 2005
  9. This practice of releasing TWO versions of the same film on DVD is normal in
    England.
    The RENTAL version which you hire from Blockbuster etc has little or no
    extras, whereas the RETAIL version has all the extras.
    This is because the DVD manufacturers would rather you BUY the DVD instead
    of RENTING it.

    andrew.upton4, Mar 3, 2005
  10. "andrew.upton4" <> wrote in message
    > This practice of releasing TWO versions of the same film on DVD is normal
    > in
    > England.
    > The RENTAL version which you hire from Blockbuster etc has little or no
    > extras, whereas the RETAIL version has all the extras.
    > This is because the DVD manufacturers would rather you BUY the DVD instead
    > of RENTING it.

    I understand that, but I was referring to the release of two different
    versions of the film itself. Paul Schrader directed a version of Exorcist
    The Beginning which the producers hated so they hired a lesser but more
    popularist director to shoot an entierly new version. Kangaroo Jack
    apparently started out as a story of two guys in the outback but the only
    good scenes were the ones with the kangaroo, so they shut down rewrote it to
    be about the kangaroo and made it the cinema classic it is today.

    Incremental Jones, Mar 3, 2005
  11. "Owl Jolson" <> wrote in message
    >I rented the dvd from Blockbuster and was surprised to find that there were
    > absolutely NO extras, nada... zip!
    > Was this done deliberately? I figured that they would've included at least
    > 'Making Of' or a deleted scene or two.

    Doesn't matter much anyway. I'm waiting for the "original" Prequel to come
    out. Probably a better film anyway, and the extras should include a good
    story about why the film was squelched.
    Bernie Woodham, Mar 5, 2005