    I get the option to save in either format in my software Camedia 4.10
    and thus far have been choosing just jpeg.

    Brian

    certsnsearches, Jan 7, 2004

  2. certsnsearches

    Trev Guest

    "certsnsearches" <> wrote in message
    news:bthlvk$g33$...
    > Would someone explain the differ between Exiff-Jpeg and regular jpeg?
    > I get the option to save in either format in my software Camedia 4.10
    > and thus far have been choosing just jpeg.
    >
    > Brian

    Most digital cameras add Exif information on make model size of image
    flash on of apt shutter speed colour of you shirt Ect. Oh and a
    thumbnail. Not all image editing software can save this and not all
    Camera Manufactures can get it right either. But it does add to the size
    of a .jpeg so if your mailing them or placing on the web not saving it
    can allow half the compression for the same file size. A better looking
    Image

    Trev, Jan 7, 2004

  3. certsnsearches

    Jim Townsend Guest

    certsnsearches wrote:

    > Would someone explain the differ between Exiff-Jpeg and regular jpeg?
    > I get the option to save in either format in my software Camedia 4.10
    > and thus far have been choosing just jpeg.
    >
    > Brian

    EXIF is an acronym for EXchangeable Image File.

    It was developed by the Japan Electronics and Information
    Technology Industries Association.

    Essentially, EXIF allows you to embed data.. Time, date, exposure info,
    comments and other information into an image file. The camera industry
    picked up on this.. There are many parameters that now get written to the
    file when a picture is taken.

    This info is read by EXIF aware software.. If imaging software isn't
    EXIF aware, then this data is simply ignored. (In other words, EXIF is
    backwards compatible). There is no detrimental effect of having the
    information there.

    Whether you choose EXIF or Non EXIF, It shouldn't make any difference to
    the way the image looks. The non EXIF file will contain no data and might
    be slightly smaller.

    It is nice to have the camera parameters and the time the image was recorded
    available.. Some day in the future, you may want to know this..

    Jim Townsend, Jan 7, 2004