Exifer - red entries?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Terry Pinnell, Mar 19, 2006.

  1. Any Exifer users able to help solve this puzzle please?

    At this page
    http://www.exifer.friedemann.info/main_2.htm
    it says
    "Main window - List mode
    Some lines are marked red because the metadata differs from its saved
    backups."

    But why should there be any difference if all you do is use Backup on
    a newly opened test folder of 3 images? All 3 entries are now red.

    There's a possible clue when I examine the 3 EXI backup files in my
    text editor. Although these are binary files, there are 4 recognisable
    text elements in each of them. The last 3 of these match the 2 IPTC
    entries I made (Description and Special Instructions) plus the JPG
    Comment, but the first string is 'Photoshop 3.0', which seems
    unrelated to my files. (I don't even have that program.)

    Also, where are these EXI files supposed to be created? The setting at
    File > Options > Backup Files is 'd:\Program Files\Exifer\exifbak\'.
    But when I used the Backup tool on the 3 JPGs, their EXI files were
    written to the same folder as the images.

    --
    Terry, West Sussex, UK

    Terry Pinnell, Mar 19, 2006