    I have a trial version of IMatch that seems to allow EXIF editing but there is
    no script available to automate this over a selection of files.

    Dave

    Dave Oddie, Mar 2, 2004

  2. Dave Oddie <> wrote:

    > A google searach came up with exifier but the program has not been updated for
    > some time so I was wondering if it was still current and usable with the EXIF
    > data generated by the A1.

    Exifer should work just fine. Unfortunately it won't adjust the
    timestamps in batch mode--that is you'll have to manually adjust it on
    every image.

    Breezebrowser (http://www.breezesys.com) will do batch timestamp
    adjustment so you could use an evaluation copy of it to do the job.

    ---
    Don't feed the trolls--it only makes them grow!

    Stuart Middleton-White, Mar 2, 2004

  3. Dave Oddie

    Dave Oddie Guest

    On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 14:42:18 GMT, Stuart Middleton-White
    <> wrote:

    >> A google searach came up with exifier but the program has not been updated for
    >> some time so I was wondering if it was still current and usable with the EXIF
    >> data generated by the A1.

    Thanks for the reply.

    I just downloaded exifier and if you select a group of images it will apply the
    date change them all. It even does the time offset I was looking for. I just
    tried it on some throw away files to test it out and it worked on all those
    selected.

    Of those the jpg files with no exif data ended up with a date and time of 30th
    Dec 1899 at 05:00 !!! :)

    >Exifer should work just fine. Unfortunately it won't adjust the
    >timestamps in batch mode--that is you'll have to manually adjust it on
    >every image.
    >
    >Breezebrowser (http://www.breezesys.com) will do batch timestamp
    >adjustment so you could use an evaluation copy of it to do the job.

    Obviously I am not the only one who forgets to change the clock on the camera
    when travelling abroad given the comment on the breezebrowser page.

    I will investigate breezebrowser as well though, seems like a good program but
    apart form the EXIF editing I am not sure what it offers over something like an
    IrfanView + "your favourite image editor" combination.

    I am currently looking for image cataloguing software as well and am trying out
    IMatch. Is breezebrowser that sort of program?

    Dave

    Dave Oddie, Mar 2, 2004
  4. Dave Oddie <> wrote:

    > I just downloaded exifier and if you select a group of images it will apply the
    > date change them all. It even does the time offset I was looking for.

    I didn't know Exifer would do that. Been a while since I've used it.

    > Obviously I am not the only one who forgets to change the clock on the camera
    > when travelling abroad given the comment on the breezebrowser page.

    No, that's why it was added to Breezebrowser.

    > I am currently looking for image cataloguing software as well and am trying out
    > IMatch. Is breezebrowser that sort of program?

    Not really. By all means download it and try for 30 days. Its really
    meant for Canon camera users but does work with some others.

    ---
    Don't feed the trolls--it only makes them grow!

    Stuart Middleton-White, Mar 2, 2004
  5. Dave Oddie

    NightOwl Guest

    I would love IrfanView to have the EXIF batch function too - damn, why is it
    a payware program :(

    --
    Create your online photo gallery and share your pictures with the world or
    your friends

    NightOwl, Mar 3, 2004
  6. Dave Oddie

    Hugh Thomas Guest

    If you don't mind using command line utilities, you can use EXIFutils to do
    batch adjustments to timestamps, and batch editing of other EXIF fields.

    EXIFutils are available for Windows, Linux, MacOS X, and Solaris. See
    http://www.hugsan.com/EXIFutils

    Hugh.

    Hugh Thomas, Mar 4, 2004