    Anybody have any experience with these drives? Horror stories, if any would
    be appreciated.

    AG
    AG, Aug 3, 2004

  2. AG

    Geoff Guest

    AG wrote:
    > I was browsing one of my favorite on line retailers this afternoon and
    > looking for a drive for a system I'm thinking of building. They had
    > a drive from a company called Exelstor that I've never heard of.
    > An 80 gig drive was just over $60 with shipping which is pretty good
    > for a cheapskate like me.
    > Anybody have any experience with these drives? Horror stories, if
    > any would be appreciated.
    >
    > AG

    ya excelstor used to make conner drives
    not exactly quality goods i must say, i'v no idea about their current
    drives, they used to make some right rubbish though, personaly i'd buy the
    mainstream makes, maxstor, seagate, hitachi(IBM), WD
    i'm sure it will work fine, 80 gig is worth about $60 i suppose currently
    Geoff, Aug 3, 2004