EXE Trouble

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Vic, Oct 22, 2004.

  1. Vic

    Vic Guest

    I posted this message earlier and the KB article doesn't deal with my
    problem because it is all programs not just the ones downloaded by IE and
    OE. The icons on both the start menu and desktop are simple window drawings
    (like what you see for a DOS program). Any other ideas?

    On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 15:26:17 -0500, "Vic"
    <> wrote:

    >I have a system that was formatted about two weeks ago I put Service Pack 2
    >and I have Norton Antivirus immediately upon install. The system boots up
    >just fine but it will not run any programs. It was working fine until the
    >day before yesterday. Now the system will not run any programs. If I go to
    >view and folder options and file type the application is missing. I cannot
    >even run a program from Start -> Run the system displays a message like it
    >doesn't know what an executable is. I tried running setup in repair mode

    and
    >I used another system to scan the hard drive for viruses but that was no
    >help. Any Ideas?

    Maybe something here
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=843022

    --