    virus/network security on XP, is something stoping it working as protection
    or have I got a dodgy file ?

    Tony
    Anthony Peter, Dec 24, 2004

  2. Anthony Peter

    HF Guest

    It is probably a Dos program.What is it ?
    HF, Dec 24, 2004

  3. Anthony Peter

    Ross Durie Guest

    Dodgy brain more like.

    Go Start/Run/type "cmd" (don't type quotes), press ENTER. Run the program
    from the shell prompt.

    --
    Ross

    Ross Durie, Dec 25, 2004
  4. Anthony Peter

    WebWalker Guest

    On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 19:46:27 GMT, "Anthony Peter"
    <> wrote:

    >I am trying to run a program, but all that happens is that I get a dos sytle
    >black screen flash up for a few seconds, I am using Norton anti
    >virus/network security on XP, is something stoping it working as protection
    >or have I got a dodgy file ?

    As others have suggested, it might be a dos program.
    Try to use Command Prompt to run the file, you will see what the
    program's message.

    --
    WebWalker
    WebWalker, Dec 25, 2004