.exe error

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by =?Utf-8?B?Q2Fubm90IFJ1biBQaW5n?=, Apr 3, 2004.

  1. Every time I attempt to test a connection I get the
    following pop-up message

    "Windows cannot open this file

    File: pin

    To open this file, Windows needs to know what program
    created it. Windows can go online to look it up
    automatically, or you can select from a list of programs
    on your computer

    What do you want to do
    Use the Web service to find the appropriate progra
    Select the program from a list

    This never used to happen. I used to be able to type
    ping 10.10.233.37 -t -l 100
    and I could run it now I have to type
    ping.exe 10.10.233.37 -t -l 100
    to launch the test

    Other commands run good...etc cmd, telnet, regedit
    The regedit keys seem ok
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command

    any resolutions to this

    thanks

    Da
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2Fubm90IFJ1biBQaW5n?=, Apr 3, 2004