    --
    Alan
    (Previously a lurker here because he only had a Kodak DC280)
    Alan D-W, Nov 27, 2003

  2. Alan D-W

    PhotoMan Guest

    "Alan D-W" <> wrote in message
    news:bq4nk8$1tvl5j$-berlin.de...
    > If anybody is interested, I just ordered my Olympus C5050 online. I'll

    get
    > it tomorrow.
    > £395 incl VAT + next day delivery of £9. Please don't tell me if you've
    > seen it cheaper!!!

    OK, I won't tell you.
    PhotoMan, Nov 27, 2003

  3. Alan D-W

    Len Guest

    "Alan D-W" <> wrote in message
    > If anybody is interested, I just ordered my Olympus C5050 online. I'll

    get
    > it tomorrow.
    > £395 incl VAT + next day delivery of £9. Please don't tell me if you've
    > seen it cheaper!!!
    >
    > --
    > Alan
    > (Previously a lurker here because he only had a Kodak DC280)

    I also have a Kodak DC280 and have been looking with the Olympus C5050 on my
    short list. I have seen it nowhere cheaper and have looked quite intensely.

    Hope you enjoy it and I would be interested if you let us know how you get
    on with it. Especially if you feel it is a major improvement over the DC280.

    Len
    Len, Nov 27, 2003
  4. Alan D-W

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Alan D-W wrote:

    > If anybody is interested, I just ordered my Olympus C5050 online. I'll get
    > it tomorrow.
    > £395 incl VAT + next day delivery of £9. Please don't tell me if you've
    > seen it cheaper!!!
    >
    > --
    > Alan
    > (Previously a lurker here because he only had a Kodak DC280)

    Hey, I only have a c-220 and I'm not lurking!

    Seriously though, nice doing, I hope you get a lot of pleasure out of it.

    --
    Paul.
    to look at
    Paul Heslop, Nov 28, 2003
  5. Alan D-W

    Alan D-W Guest

    "Paul Heslop" <> wrote in message
    > Alan D-W wrote:
    >
    > > If anybody is interested, I just ordered my Olympus C5050 online. I'll

    get
    > > it tomorrow.
    > > £395 incl VAT + next day delivery of £9. Please don't tell me if you've
    > > seen it cheaper!!!
    > >
    > > --
    > > Alan
    > > (Previously a lurker here because he only had a Kodak DC280)

    > Hey, I only have a c-220 and I'm not lurking!
    >
    > Seriously though, nice doing, I hope you get a lot of pleasure out of it.
    >

    > --
    > Paul.

    Thanks Paul - if it ever arrives! Having an argument with the supplier
    right now; I paid £9 on Thursday for overnight delivery. On checking with
    them today at 11am (because the online order tracking says the order is in
    preparation) I'm told it will be dispatched "within half an hour". Huh? Do
    they deliver on Saturdays? No they don't. So I won't get it till Monday
    then? Yes that's right. So a strongly worded email demanding refund of the
    £9 - no answer yet.
    --
    Alan
    Alan D-W, Nov 28, 2003
  6. Alan D-W

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Alan D-W wrote:

    > "Paul Heslop" <> wrote in message
    > > Alan D-W wrote:
    > >
    > > > If anybody is interested, I just ordered my Olympus C5050 online. I'll

    > get
    > > > it tomorrow.
    > > > £395 incl VAT + next day delivery of £9. Please don't tell me if you've
    > > > seen it cheaper!!!
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Alan
    > > > (Previously a lurker here because he only had a Kodak DC280)

    > > Hey, I only have a c-220 and I'm not lurking!
    > >
    > > Seriously though, nice doing, I hope you get a lot of pleasure out of it.
    > >

    > > --
    > > Paul.

    > Thanks Paul - if it ever arrives! Having an argument with the supplier
    > right now; I paid £9 on Thursday for overnight delivery. On checking with
    > them today at 11am (because the online order tracking says the order is in
    > preparation) I'm told it will be dispatched "within half an hour". Huh? Do
    > they deliver on Saturdays? No they don't. So I won't get it till Monday
    > then? Yes that's right. So a strongly worded email demanding refund of the
    > £9 - no answer yet.
    > --
    > Alan

    typical. I ordered from Dixons online, supposed to take at most two days and it
    took over a week.

    Paul Heslop, Nov 28, 2003