    when i try to change it via the microsoft 64bit site it says my pid/coa is
    invalid .
    why is this ? (please help)
    =?Utf-8?B?cnVzc193aWxs?=, May 10, 2005

  2. From Rafael:
    Who is your OEM? What people fail to realize is that their OEMs have their
    own similar (if not identical) advancement programs and shouldn't be using
    Microsoft's.

    Provide more information.

    --

    Andre
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, May 10, 2005

  3. A: Verify the software you want to exchange is included in the Technology
    Advancement Software. If the software you have to exchange is included then
    verify the software was acquired between March 31, 2003 and June 30, 2005.

    Andre Da Costa, May 10, 2005
  4. i got the new system on the 6th of may from a local computer store who built
    it to my spec/price
    spec =
    athlon64 3200 (socket 754)
    asus k8n
    1536 mb of ddr400
    80 gig hd
    win xp pro oem (windows xp is the 1-2 cpu version)
    galaxy 6600gt agp
    opt mouse
    mercury keyboard

    need any more info ? , emailed microsoft about it and the reply said i need
    to send a email with the title Tier Validation Requested , but no reply as of
    yet

    =?Utf-8?B?cnVzc193aWxs?=, May 10, 2005
  5. What Rafael fails to realize is that there is a separate issue from
    manufacturer OEM's. Those of us that had PC's specially built from local PC
    shops, and got the basic NON-Manufacturer OEM XP Pro, are unable to to go
    through the form. We're all getting invalid COA/PID errors, and this is a
    completely separate issue. This is NOT from a large OEM. This is OEM from
    local shops.

    I'm in the same boat, A64 from a local shop, XP is an OEM CD with a sticker.
    Tier2 has not replied to my e-mail request for validation either. It is a
    legit copy.

    Ravlen

    =?Utf-8?B?UmF2bGVu?=, May 11, 2005
  6. at least i am not the only one with this problem , it is about time microsoft
    sorted this out

    =?Utf-8?B?cnVzc193aWxs?=, May 11, 2005
  7. Tier2 validation is currently being reviewed manually, so please be patient.

    I know you've heard this before but we are working on this.

    --
    -Joe Swart [MSFT]

    Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions. Please use these
    newsgroups.

    Joe Swart [MSFT], May 11, 2005
  8. thats good to know , but please hurry :)

    =?Utf-8?B?cnVzc193aWxs?=, May 11, 2005
  9. Ravlen,

    That was my response to another customer, not you, which was merely pasted
    by Andre. Don't get hostile on me...

    --
    Rafael Rivera
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    =?Utf-8?B?UmFmYWVsIFJpdmVyYSBbRXh0ZW5kZWQ2NC5jb21d, May 11, 2005
  10. =?Utf-8?B?cnVzc193aWxs?=

    Rocko Guest

    I wish Andre would quit that.

    Rocko, May 11, 2005
  11. Go make your own newsgroup.

    Andre Da Costa, May 12, 2005
  12. =?Utf-8?B?cnVzc193aWxs?=

    Rocko Guest

    Great comeback. Very impressed. You post enough drivel to start 10
    newsgroups.

    Rocko, May 12, 2005
  13. Sorry, it just seemed like one of the many times people have told me I'm
    doing something wrong, or that my key is pirated or invalid, or whatever... I
    didn't mean it personally, it just seemed like up until now most people were
    assuming that the issue was on our end, and not a problem with the
    verification system...

    3 weeks and it still isn't fixed... Considering we're nearly a third of the
    way through the free upgrade, I'm a bit touchy about not having it work
    before july 31st ;)

    Ravlen

    =?Utf-8?B?UmF2bGVu?=, May 12, 2005
  14. =?Utf-8?B?cnVzc193aWxs?=

    John Long Guest

    I not sure if this would be good news or bad news...

    I purchased my copy of Windows XP Pro from a local shop (PC Club in Murray,
    Utah) and built the system myself from parts.
    I was not able to use my PID (the one with the -OEM- in it) but I WAS able
    to use the COA on the sticker and it worked without any problems.

    Thanks,
    John

    John Long, May 12, 2005
  15. Well, it's good news from one standpoint -- it at least means that the folks
    who can find their COA shoudl be OK. Now if the vendor could just fix the OEM
    issue for PIDs...

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 12, 2005