Exchange server open relay question

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Marko, Sep 7, 2003.

  1. Marko

    Marko Guest

    account to send
    >emails when they are on trip.
    >
    >How do to allow those staffs without static IP to send

    email via the
    >exchange server if the "open relay" is closed? Use VPN to

    achieve that?

    >.

    That's not necessary. It can be done with the right
    authentication of clients.

    Marko, Sep 7, 2003

  2. Marko

    Marko Guest

    router it is a little
    >bit more secure.
    >depending on the size of the business of course

    Yep. My experience is with dial up clients using ISP
    connections back to the home office and the transmission
    delays are often intolerable. Hence, the "learn how to
    authenticate clients with the Exchange server" advice. I
    think the topic is even covered with the F1 help.

    Marko, Sep 10, 2003

  3. Marko

    billyw Guest

    F1 the best button in the IT industry.
    everyone pretends they dont need to use it.
    all do, the give away is the hunched over the monitor look. so no one can
    see the help screen is open

    billyw, Sep 10, 2003