  1. I have a problem when i try to install new exchange server it asks for an
    account with admin rights at the organisational level and dont know what
    the account is.Is there any way i can go around this.please Help

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJpYW4=?=, Jul 10, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QnJpYW4=?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear =?Utf-8?B?QnJpYW4=?= <> say in

    > e any way i can go around this.

    nope.

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - Nothing is foolproof because fools are so ingenious.

    Neil, Jul 10, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?QnJpYW4=?=

    IT Geek Guest

    The best way to run the install is with an account that has domain admin,
    enterprise admin, and the most important is schema admin rights. The reason
    being is that it will need to extend the schema. Once the installation is
    done, you will need to go ahead and create the different exchange admin
    groups, once those groups are created you can go and add what ever users to
    those groups.
    I hope this helps, I know posting a question in these news groups can be
    like playing Russian Rolette

    IT Geek, Jul 11, 2006
  4. Brian wrote:
    > I have a problem when i try to install new exchange server it asks for an
    > account with admin rights at the organisational level and dont know what
    > the account is.Is there any way i can go around this.please Help

    You need to run
    setup /forestprep
    with Schema admin rights for extending schema for forest. If my memory
    serves me right, you'll be asked about account that will have enterprise
    administrative rights in exchange organization. Then you need to run
    setup /domainprep
    with Domain admins rights. After that, you can run setup from account
    you've specified in /forestprep stage to install Exchange on server. Of
    course you need to have local Administrator rights to do it

    Maxim M. Kazachek, Aug 3, 2006