  1. I have a 32 bit windows xp. I want to exchange its key for 64 bit windows key.
    But i do not know how to exchange it.
    help!

    =?Utf-8?B?cmFtYW5yYWplc2g4Mw==?=, Nov 10, 2005

  2. No, it will not work, different keys are used for OEM Versions of Windows XP
    and I think there is also difference in the scheme used for 64 bit versions
    of Windows.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 10, 2005

  3. the question is how
    i know that it can be exchanged

    =?Utf-8?B?cmFtYW5yYWplc2g4Mw==?=, Nov 11, 2005
  4. Maybe he is referring a TAP.

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 12, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?cmFtYW5yYWplc2g4Mw==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    You go to a system builder where you buy an OEM copy with hardware and voila
    you have a 64 bit Windows key.
    Works every time. :)

    John Barnes, Nov 12, 2005
  6. No, it can NOT be exchanged. There was a limited time program, ran from
    launch in April till the end of July, that allowed you to exchange. That
    program is gone, ended, not any longer an option, done.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 12, 2005