Exchange AV question

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Apollo, Apr 7, 2006.

  1. Apollo

    Apollo Guest

    Hi there,

    I'm running sbs 2000 with around 20 users, Groupshield Exchange (5.1
    I think) has been taking care of the mailboxes but updates aren't
    very regular and recently it's been causing the exchange store to
    quit. Now we have the chance to change I'm looking for some advice
    on what to upgrade to.

    GSE has been doing a good job of filtering out the viruses, but I'm
    wondering if there's anything better out there, something that
    includes spam and maybe content filtering too.

    Does anybody have any suggestions as to which products I should be
    looking at. I should add that I'm no IT professional, just someone
    that knows enough to get by most of the time, whilst doing my proper
    job as well.

    Thanks

    --
    Ian
    Apollo, Apr 7, 2006

  2. Apollo

    donnie Guest

    On Fri, 7 Apr 2006 18:25:40 +0100, "Apollo"
    <ian_dunbar6@hot[un-munge-me]mail.com> wrote:

    >GSE has been doing a good job of filtering out the viruses, but I'm
    >wondering if there's anything better out there, something that
    >includes spam and maybe content filtering too.

    I just installed Trend Micro's Client Server Busisness Suite on a w2k
    server and 15 mixed workstations, XP Pro and 2000. I didn't look into
    spam filtering but I am totally satisfied w/ the way the install went
    and the phone support is fantastic. Most AV programs only give email
    support which is why I chose Trend. I called tech support 3 times and
    all the techs were fantastic, especially Susan. I emailed her boss and
    told him to give her a raise. I bet he didn't.
    I was able to install it on all the machines without even leaving the
    server. Another reason I went w/ Trend is because there was a local
    reseller who had direct contact w/ Trend Micro and was able to get
    answers to all my questions the same day. On the first scan it found
    one workstation loaded w/ stuff. Once I took care of that, things
    were ok. I higly recommend Trend Mirco cooporate products. Use a
    local reseller if possible.
    donnie, Apr 8, 2006

  3. Apollo

    Apollo Guest

    "donnie" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 7 Apr 2006 18:25:40 +0100, "Apollo"
    > <ian_dunbar6@hot[un-munge-me]mail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>GSE has been doing a good job of filtering out the viruses, but
    >>I'm
    >>wondering if there's anything better out there, something that
    >>includes spam and maybe content filtering too.

    > #############################################
    > I just installed Trend Micro's Client Server Busisness Suite on a
    > w2k
    > server and 15 mixed workstations, XP Pro and 2000. I didn't look
    > into
    > spam filtering but I am totally satisfied w/ the way the install
    > went
    > and the phone support is fantastic. Most AV programs only give
    > email
    > support which is why I chose Trend. I called tech support 3 times
    > and
    > all the techs were fantastic, especially Susan. I emailed her boss
    > and
    > told him to give her a raise. I bet he didn't.
    > I was able to install it on all the machines without even leaving
    > the
    > server. Another reason I went w/ Trend is because there was a
    > local
    > reseller who had direct contact w/ Trend Micro and was able to get
    > answers to all my questions the same day. On the first scan it
    > found
    > one workstation loaded w/ stuff. Once I took care of that, things
    > were ok. I higly recommend Trend Mirco cooporate products. Use a
    > local reseller if possible.

    Cheers donnie I'll take a look at their site.

    --
    Ian
    Apollo, Apr 8, 2006