    appreciate all comments of professionals who have been
    down that road before
    thanks
    George D, Sep 21, 2003

  2. George D

    S. O'Brien Guest

    If you have the resources to migrate using a second system (the new one), I
    would advise you going that route. Reason - you have redunancy until the
    new system is operational should you have a problem and the users never
    notice a thing... service continues without interuption and is a seemless
    upgrade :)

    --
    Sue MCNGP #69
    http://www.mcngp.tk

    "Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good
    example." --Mark Twain

    S. O'Brien, Sep 21, 2003

  3. George D

    chrisdavin Guest

    I see I'm about a month out, but I have a very similar problem where all
    I want to do is move my Exchange 2000 application to new hardware. It
    is a case of installing the new server and adding it to the existing
    administrative group, go to your exchange manager and move the mail
    boxes and then follow the instructions on KB307917 to firstly replicate
    the balance of system information and then remove the first exchange
    server computer from the administrative group, hope this helps.

    Chris

    ---
    Sign up to get free daily practice questions at: http://www.QoD.US/i-54.htm
    View this thread: http://www.examnotes.net/article1022778.html