    climb is normal but this happens in 24-48hrs that cant
    be "by design" as i was told it is. Its supposed to do
    that kind of memory climb in 30 days plus.
    Dogbert, Jul 25, 2003

  2. Dogbert

    Zenner Guest

    Check your logs (post any errors, remote diagnostics is very difficult
    without information) and you may want to run a diagnostic on your memory, it
    may be bad. Exchange 2000/2003 will use as much "free" memory as your system
    has available. It should (will) release memory if a higher priority process
    requires it.

    If your system is "dying" instead of releasing memory to higher priority
    processes, you need to find and fix the problem.

    Have you updated the server and exchange to the latest fixes and patches?

    Zenner, Jul 25, 2003

  3. Dogbert

    Growler Guest

    "Dogbert" <> wrote in news:0a1f01c3528f$13f28e10
    $:

    > Hi
    >
    > I've just finished preping for 70-224 ... ive set up a an
    > exchange 2000 server on W2k serv. with 1ghz and 700mb +
    > ram. Problem is the store.exe is sapping up the ram until
    > it crashes the machine ... any ideas ?Im told the memory
    > climb is normal but this happens in 24-48hrs that cant
    > be "by design" as i was told it is. Its supposed to do
    > that kind of memory climb in 30 days plus.

    You can configure the memory usage in Exchange. Set a limit and leave
    plenty for your OS.
    Greg
    Growler, Jul 25, 2003