Exchange 2000 books (again) 70-224

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Tony, Feb 24, 2004.

  1. Tony

    Tony Guest

    Thanks to everyone who responded to the previous post. I
    bought exchange server 24/7 (sybex)... seems like a good
    book ... but a bit advanced for me at the moment.

    I have a test network setup.. waiting for me to install
    exchange.. but I need a book that starts right at the
    begining zero experience!

    The MSPress exchange training kit (kay Unkroth) seems to
    get some negative reviews on amazon...

    Where as exchange server admin readiness review (MSPress
    bill english) seems to get top reviews on every site.

    Amazons sysnopsis states reviews procedures for installing
    configuring etc etc (which is basically the same as the
    Unkroth book.. isnt it?)

    Now I'm confused...

    Come on guys... what books do you suggest I look at (as a
    complete Exchange beginner).. do be shy you can name
    titles ;-)

    Thanks again..

    Tony

    Tony, Feb 24, 2004

  2. Tony

    Guest

    Tony:
    I used MSPress book to prepare for my exam.
    MSPress: (Kay Unkroth) is a little dry to read. However,
    the lab exercise is good there. It also has AVI to all
    the lab exercise since if you don't have the hardware to
    do clustering, at least you can watch the video.
    Unfortunately, by itself imo will not prepare you for the
    exam. So you need to have a supplementary source. Many
    questions on 228 appeared as topics in 229. So be
    prepared!

    I read the MSPress 229 book but did not take the exam
    prior to 228 exam. I wanted to concentrate on 284 now!
    Good luck!

    , Feb 24, 2004