Excerpt on Improving Wafer Fab Yield

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Keith Reeves, Jan 11, 2005.

  1. Keith Reeves

    Keith Reeves Guest

    I have permission from Lattice Press to distribute an excerpt from the
    extraordinary new book, "Microchip Manufacturing," by Stanley Wolf, Ph.D. This
    book is an illuminated guide to ULSI process engineering, including such vital
    subjects as wafer fabrication, thin films, silicon crystal growth, lithography,
    etching, testing, packaging, contamination and safety.

    Stanley Wolf is an internationally-recognized expert in silicon processing. A
    professor of electronic engineering at California State University Long Beach
    for ten years, Dr. Wolf also taught seminars in integrated circuit fabrication
    at UC Berkeley Engineering Extension for over 20 years. He is the author of the
    seminal series, "Silicon Processing for the VLSI Era, Volumes 1-4." Dr. Wolf
    continues to teach on-site seminars on contemporary issues in semiconductor
    manufacture.

    The excerpt I have permission to distribute is called "Wafer Fab Operations and
    Yield," and discusses such vital subjects as wafer transport, improving
    efficiency, yield management, laying-out and staffing wafer fabs. The excerpt
    is rendered as a PDF file that is 5.6 megs. To get the excerpt, simply send
    mailto: with the subject line "Send Wafer Fab" and I
    will reply with a clean PDF file attachment and *only* the file no opt-in
    mailing list jive or marketing spam.
    Keith Reeves, Jan 11, 2005

  2. Keith Reeves

    The One Guest

    "Keith Reeves" <> wrote in message
    >I have permission from Lattice Press to distribute an excerpt from the
    > extraordinary new book,

    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    The One, Jan 11, 2005