    but still warned that i have limited connectivity... I ticked on repair to
    establish connection but still no luck... it seems that it failed to obtain a
    valid IP address... can someone help me? thanks!

    =?Utf-8?B?RmxleA==?=, Feb 1, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RmxleA==?=

    David Hettel Guest

    Is it your wireless access point you are trying to connect to? It sounds
    like a security problem to me. That there is a MAC address list filter
    enabled and you are not on it.

    --
    David Hettel

    E-mail or news groups.

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    no rights.

    David Hettel, Feb 1, 2007

  3. just to give you a clearer picture, i was able to connect to that wifi spot
    (it's a coffee shop) before... then my hard disk was replaced and everything
    was reinstalled (OS, drivers, etc.) so yesterday was the first attempt to
    connect after my laptop got fixed...

    how can i go about it?

    =?Utf-8?B?RmxleA==?=, Feb 1, 2007
  4. Hi
    Check with the coffee shop if their are special parameters that are needed
    to establish connection with their system and make sure that you Wireless is
    configured accordingly.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 1, 2007
  5. I used to connect previously in that shop. I never had problems.

    I also tried connecting from other hotspots but still no luck. Same
    scenario, good signal, limited connectivity. I checked the IP i got, it's a
    169.xxx.xxx.
    How do I go about configuring my wireless? I have an Intel PROSet Wireless
    2200BG.

    Thanks!

    =?Utf-8?B?RmxleA==?=, Feb 2, 2007
  6. Hi
    IP of is the default IP of Windows when it cam not find a connection to get
    IP from.
    What ever was the situation before a New hard drive was installed is Not so
    relevant. Right now some thing is not configure correctly and you have to
    find out what it is. Two things come in mind first.
    Windows PS2 firewall blocking the application that need to work with the
    Wireless.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    Two Wireless Mangers are working at the same time.
    http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 2, 2007
  7. I've already enabled just one of the wireless managers... i've also updated
    the drivers... just in case i still have problems with the connection... what
    might be the other causes?

    just to add: the laptop I'm using is for the office network LAN and i just
    use the wireless connection in wifi hotspots...

    =?Utf-8?B?RmxleA==?=, Feb 2, 2007
  8. Hi
    It might be that the Office setting has some configuration that prevents the
    usage of the Wireless.
    If the Hard Drive was replaced by a pro you should ask him/her to check the
    Wireless as part of the re-installation.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 2, 2007