EXCEL Trying to format some data

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by chuckcar, Apr 1, 2009.

  1. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    "The Stone Crusher" <> wrote in
    news:49d2b451$0$22509$:

    > I have a large file in which a large number of entries are one space
    > indented. How do I remove the indent from that portion of the data?

    Make a macro to do it for you.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Apr 1, 2009

  2. I have a large file in which a large number of entries are one space
    indented. How do I remove the indent from that portion of the data?

    Goodwill
    Luke

    The Stone Crusher, Apr 1, 2009

  3. chuckcar

    freemont Guest

    On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 01:14:00 +0000, chuckcar writ:

    > "The Stone Crusher" <> wrote in
    >
    >> I have a large file in which a large number of entries are one space
    >> indented. How do I remove the indent from that portion of the data?
    >>

    > Make a macro to do it for you.

    Good grief.
    --
    "Because all you of Earth are idiots!"
    ¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·-> freemont© <-·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯

    freemont, Apr 1, 2009
  4. chuckcar

    freemont Guest

    On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 20:24:35 -0500, The Stone Crusher writ:

    > I have a large file in which a large number of entries are one space
    > indented. How do I remove the indent from that portion of the data?
    >
    > Goodwill
    > Luke

    Try selecting the cells and using the Text to Columns function in the
    Data menu.

    freemont, Apr 1, 2009
  5. chuckcar

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 01:14:00 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    wrote:

    >Make a macro to do it for you.

    Idiot.

    Evan Platt, Apr 1, 2009
  6. chuckcar

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 01:38:21 +0000, freemont
    <> wrote:

    >Good grief.

    He hadn't posted in a few days. I thought maybe the idiot left.

    Wishful thinking.

    Evan Platt, Apr 1, 2009
  7. chuckcar

    Evan Platt Guest

    <> wrote:

    >I have a large file in which a large number of entries are one space
    >indented. How do I remove the indent from that portion of the data?

    Say data is in cell A1 - Have A2 be =TRIM(A1) . This will remove
    leading and trailing spaces.

    Evan Platt, Apr 1, 2009
  8. chuckcar

    Guest

    Evan Platt <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 01:38:21 +0000, freemont
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Good grief.

    >He hadn't posted in a few days. I thought maybe the idiot left.
    >
    >Wishful thinking.

    ..
    --

    google trend...
    http://twitpic.com/2m53e

    , Apr 1, 2009
  9. Thanks

    The Stone Crusher, Apr 3, 2009
  10. The Stone Crusher wrote:

    > I have a large file in which a large number of entries are one space
    > indented. How do I remove the indent from that portion of the data?

    Isn't there a "trim" function? (just out of the blue ...)

    wisdomkiller & pain, Apr 4, 2009