    excel spreadsheet if you can not remember the password.I am running Office
    XP but i would think the answer would be the same whichever version you run.

    TIA Paul

    paul, Jan 2, 2005

  2. paul

    Stevo Guest

    paul wrote:
    > Hi all
    >
    > First of all i hope you all have had a good christmas and will have a
    > happy new year.
    >
    > Now then...Does anybody know if there is a way to unprotect a
    > passworded excel spreadsheet if you can not remember the password.I
    > am running Office XP but i would think the answer would be the same
    > whichever version you run.
    >
    > TIA Paul

    You could try here..

    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

    There is a downloadable macro that might help..

    Otherwise a Google search might turn up something for you..

    If the XL file opens ok and is relatively simple, one option is to just
    select all the data and copy it to another spreadsheet, but complex
    spreadsheets can make this quite difficult if there are links to other
    sheets etc..

    --
    Stevo
    (pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)

    Stevo, Jan 2, 2005

  3. "paul" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all
    >
    > First of all i hope you all have had a good christmas and will have a

    happy
    > new year.
    >
    > Now then...Does anybody know if there is a way to unprotect a passworded
    > excel spreadsheet if you can not remember the password.I am running Office
    > XP but i would think the answer would be the same whichever version you

    run.

    > TIA Paul

    If you need to, you can get a password breaker from here:
    http://www.intertek.org.uk/downloads/excel.html
    It costs $6USD and works via macro. I bought the one for Word out of
    curiosity. It did tell me the password (4 numbers took under 1/2 hour).
    --
    Dave
    Central Mass. USA

    To email: Replace
    mailinator.com with email.com

    Dave McAuliffe, Jan 3, 2005
  4. paul

    paul Guest

    "Dave McAuliffe" <> wrote in message

    > "paul" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi all
    > >
    > > First of all i hope you all have had a good christmas and will have a

    > happy
    > > new year.
    > >
    > > Now then...Does anybody know if there is a way to unprotect a passworded
    > > excel spreadsheet if you can not remember the password.I am running

    Office
    > > XP but i would think the answer would be the same whichever version you

    > run.
    > >
    > > TIA Paul
    > >

    > If you need to, you can get a password breaker from here:
    > http://www.intertek.org.uk/downloads/excel.html
    > It costs $6USD and works via macro. I bought the one for Word out of
    > curiosity. It did tell me the password (4 numbers took under 1/2 hour).
    > --
    > Dave
    > Central Mass. USA
    >
    > To email: Replace