    Have I somehow prevented this function?
    Any ideas or advice will be appreciated.
    Thanks

    Spencer, Aug 2, 2009

  2. Spencer

    Me Guest

    Spencer wrote:
    > I use Excel a lot with considerable success but currently have a problem
    > with a page break.
    > I have a landscape spread sheet that is almost full and I want to start
    > a new page but when I click Insert/page break it does not create the
    > desired break.
    > Have I somehow prevented this function?
    > Any ideas or advice will be appreciated.
    > Thanks

    Which version of Excel?

    Me, Aug 2, 2009

  3. Spencer

    Alan Guest

    "Spencer" <> wrote in message
    >I use Excel a lot with considerable success but currently have a
    >problem with a page break.
    > I have a landscape spread sheet that is almost full and I want to
    > start a new page but when I click Insert/page break it does not
    > create the desired break.
    > Have I somehow prevented this function?
    > Any ideas or advice will be appreciated.
    > Thanks

    One possibility:

    check the page setup settings.

    If you have set it to fix the printout to fit on, say, 1 page by 1
    page (fit everything on a single page), then you might have problems.

    If so, try changing the settings to a fixed percentage scaling
    (anything will be fine to test it, but perhaps 100% for simplicity).

    If that works, the page-break will then become effective, and you'll
    have to make a decision on how you want the printouts to look from
    there.

    If that doesn't work, post back.

    HTH,

    Alan.

    My unmunged email is: (valid for 30 days
    min probably much longer).

    Alan, Aug 3, 2009
  4. Spencer

    Spencer Guest

    Me wrote:
    > Spencer wrote:
    >
    >> I use Excel a lot with considerable success but currently have a
    >> problem with a page break.
    >> I have a landscape spread sheet that is almost full and I want to
    >> start a new page but when I click Insert/page break it does not create
    >> the desired break.
    >> Have I somehow prevented this function?
    >> Any ideas or advice will be appreciated.
    >> Thanks
    >>

    > Which version of Excel?

    Version 2000

    Spencer, Aug 3, 2009
  5. Spencer

    Spencer Guest

    Alan wrote:
    > "Spencer" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> I use Excel a lot with considerable success but currently have a
    >> problem with a page break.
    >> I have a landscape spread sheet that is almost full and I want to
    >> start a new page but when I click Insert/page break it does not create
    >> the desired break.
    >> Have I somehow prevented this function?
    >> Any ideas or advice will be appreciated.
    >> Thanks
    >>

    > One possibility:
    >
    > check the page setup settings.
    >
    > If you have set it to fix the printout to fit on, say, 1 page by 1 page
    > (fit everything on a single page), then you might have problems.
    >
    > If so, try changing the settings to a fixed percentage scaling (anything
    > will be fine to test it, but perhaps 100% for simplicity).
    >
    > If that works, the page-break will then become effective, and you'll
    > have to make a decision on how you want the printouts to look from there.
    >
    > If that doesn't work, post back.
    >
    > HTH,
    >
    > Alan.

    Thanks Alan have done as you suggested and the problem has ben solved!
    Will file your answer in my "Possible problems" file.
    Thanks

    Spencer, Aug 3, 2009