    Can anyone tell me how to go about getting the multinomial function (Office
    2000 Pro)? Help tells me to run the Setup program but I can't see how to do
    this.

    Andy1973, Jan 21, 2005

  2. Andy1973

    SgtMinor Guest

    Andy1973 wrote:
    > Can anyone tell me how to go about getting the multinomial function (Office
    > 2000 Pro)? Help tells me to run the Setup program but I can't see how to do
    > this.

    Press F1 for the help menu and you'll see something like the following:

    "Install and use the Analysis ToolPak
    Before using an analysis tool, you must arrange the data you want to
    analyze in columns or rows on your worksheet. This is your input range.

    If the Data Analysis command is not on the Tools menu, you need to
    install the Analysis ToolPak in Microsoft Excel.

    To install the Analysis ToolPak
    On the Tools menu, click Add-Ins.
    If Analysis ToolPak is not listed in the Add-Ins dialog box, click
    Browse and locate the drive, folder name, and file name for the Analysis
    ToolPak add-in, Analys32.xll — usually located in the Microsoft
    Office\Office\Library\Analysis folder — or run the Setup program if it
    isn't installed.

    Select the Analysis ToolPak check box.
    To use the Analysis ToolPak
    On the Tools menu, click Data Analysis.

    In the Analysis Tools box, click the tool you want to use.

    Enter the input range and the output range, and then select the options
    you want.
    Note Add-ins you select in the Add-Ins dialog box remain active until
    you remove them."

    SgtMinor, Jan 21, 2005

  3. Andy1973

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "SgtMinor" <> wrote in message
    | Andy1973 wrote:
    | > Can anyone tell me how to go about getting the multinomial function
    (Office
    | > 2000 Pro)? Help tells me to run the Setup program but I can't see how
    to do
    | > this.
    | >

    | Press F1 for the help menu and you'll see something like the following:
    |
    | "Install and use the Analysis ToolPak
    | Before using an analysis tool, you must arrange the data you want to
    | analyze in columns or rows on your worksheet. This is your input range.
    |
    | If the Data Analysis command is not on the Tools menu, you need to
    | install the Analysis ToolPak in Microsoft Excel.
    |
    | To install the Analysis ToolPak
    | On the Tools menu, click Add-Ins.
    | If Analysis ToolPak is not listed in the Add-Ins dialog box, click
    | Browse and locate the drive, folder name, and file name for the Analysis
    | ToolPak add-in, Analys32.xll — usually located in the Microsoft
    | Office\Office\Library\Analysis folder — or run the Setup program if it
    | isn't installed.
    |
    | Select the Analysis ToolPak check box.
    | To use the Analysis ToolPak
    | On the Tools menu, click Data Analysis.
    |

    | In the Analysis Tools box, click the tool you want to use.
    |

    | Enter the input range and the output range, and then select the options
    | you want.
    | Note Add-ins you select in the Add-Ins dialog box remain active until
    | you remove them."

    Way too simple to read the freakin' directions, eh? <g>

    Toolman Tim, Jan 22, 2005
  4. Andy1973

    SgtMinor Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:
    > "SgtMinor" <> wrote in message
    > | Andy1973 wrote:
    > | > Can anyone tell me how to go about getting the multinomial function
    > (Office
    > | > 2000 Pro)? Help tells me to run the Setup program but I can't see how
    > to do
    > | > this.
    > | >

    > | Press F1 for the help menu and you'll see something like the following:
    > |
    > | "Install and use the Analysis ToolPak
    > | Before using an analysis tool, you must arrange the data you want to
    > | analyze in columns or rows on your worksheet. This is your input range.
    > |
    > | If the Data Analysis command is not on the Tools menu, you need to
    > | install the Analysis ToolPak in Microsoft Excel.
    > |
    > | To install the Analysis ToolPak
    > | On the Tools menu, click Add-Ins.
    > | If Analysis ToolPak is not listed in the Add-Ins dialog box, click
    > | Browse and locate the drive, folder name, and file name for the Analysis
    > | ToolPak add-in, Analys32.xll — usually located in the Microsoft
    > | Office\Office\Library\Analysis folder — or run the Setup program if it
    > | isn't installed.
    > |
    > | Select the Analysis ToolPak check box.
    > | To use the Analysis ToolPak
    > | On the Tools menu, click Data Analysis.
    > |

    > | In the Analysis Tools box, click the tool you want to use.
    > |

    > | Enter the input range and the output range, and then select the options
    > | you want.
    > | Note Add-ins you select in the Add-Ins dialog box remain active until
    > | you remove them."
    >
    > Way too simple to read the freakin' directions, eh? <g>

    Life is full of choices, and in this case you can type in 100+
    characters for a usenet post, with all its implications, or you press F1
    and get to your answer immediately.

    I'm not very impressed by the help function in Microsoft Office
    products, but if you dig diligently through all the shit your query
    throws up, you'll find that pony!

    SgtMinor, Jan 22, 2005
  5. Andy1973

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "SgtMinor" <> wrote in message
    | Toolman Tim wrote:
    | > "SgtMinor" <> wrote in message
    | > (Office
    | > to do
    | > | >

    | > | Press F1 for the help menu and you'll see something like the
    following:
    | > |
    | > | "Install and use the Analysis ToolPak
    | > | Before using an analysis tool, you must arrange the data you want to
    | > | analyze in columns or rows on your worksheet. This is your input
    range.
    | > |
    | > | If the Data Analysis command is not on the Tools menu, you need to
    | > | install the Analysis ToolPak in Microsoft Excel.
    | > |
    | > | To install the Analysis ToolPak
    | > | On the Tools menu, click Add-Ins.
    | > | If Analysis ToolPak is not listed in the Add-Ins dialog box, click
    | > | Browse and locate the drive, folder name, and file name for the
    Analysis
    | > | ToolPak add-in, Analys32.xll — usually located in the Microsoft
    | > | Office\Office\Library\Analysis folder — or run the Setup program if it
    | > | isn't installed.
    | > |
    | > | Select the Analysis ToolPak check box.
    | > | To use the Analysis ToolPak
    | > | On the Tools menu, click Data Analysis.
    | > |
    | > |
    | > | In the Analysis Tools box, click the tool you want to use.
    | > |
    | > |
    | > | Enter the input range and the output range, and then select the
    options
    | > | you want.
    | > | Note Add-ins you select in the Add-Ins dialog box remain active
    until
    | > | you remove them."
    | >
    | > Way too simple to read the freakin' directions, eh? <g>
    | >

    | Life is full of choices, and in this case you can type in 100+
    | characters for a usenet post, with all its implications, or you press F1
    | and get to your answer immediately.
    |
    | I'm not very impressed by the help function in Microsoft Office
    | products, but if you dig diligently through all the shit your query
    | throws up, you'll find that pony!

    *Most* of MS's help files are like that...but like you said: there's gotta
    be a pony under there ;o)

    Toolman Tim, Jan 22, 2005