    too involved in this process - apart from clicking the
    'Backup and Exit'
    button.
    mamun, Jun 25, 2005

  2. mamun

    mamun Guest

    "mamun" wrote:

    > I've been given the task of making a
    > spreadsheet that will make a copy of
    > itself, at the end of the day. I would like to have a
    > button in my
    > spreadsheet that creates a back up copy and then exit.
    > Can I get it to check
    > for (and maybe create) a folder called 'backup' (at the
    > same level as the
    > original spreadsheet) and then save it there? I don't
    > want the user to get
    > too involved in this process - apart from clicking the
    > 'Backup and Exit'
    > button.

    PLz some1 tell me the steps 2 make this button! using macros!
    mamun, Jun 25, 2005

  3. First of all, you're probably asking in the wrong group.
    Secondly, click Tools, Macro, New Macro, then do your save as, Then you'll
    want to edit the Macro in VB to edit the name of the filename that saves.
    Something like newfilename=this.filename & "-Backup" and then add this.exit
    at the bottom.

    msnews.microsoft.com, Jul 29, 2005
  4. I'm feeling magnanimous.
    Mine looks like this:

    Sub Backup()
    ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _
    ActiveWorkbook.FullName & "-backup.xls", _
    FileFormat:=xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", _
    ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, CreateBackup:=False
    ActiveWorkbook.Close
    End Sub
    msnews.microsoft.com, Jul 29, 2005