    I am guessing I may need to use the DATEIF function?

    Thanks for any help

    John
    John, Apr 2, 2005

  2. John

    John Guest

    On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 10:53:28 +0100, A strange species called John
    <> wrote:

    >Hello.
    >
    >I don't supposed anyone knows how to display a decimal number in excel
    >in years and months to the nearest month?
    >
    >For example, I may have the figure 6.75. We know it should be 6 years
    >and 9 months, but how do I get excel to display it like that?
    >
    >I am guessing I may need to use the DATEIF function?
    >
    >Thanks for any help
    >
    >John

    Its okay. Worked this one out now. Quite a toughie.

    John
    John, Apr 2, 2005

  3. "John" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 10:53:28 +0100, A strange species called John
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hello.
    >>
    >>I don't supposed anyone knows how to display a decimal number in excel
    >>in years and months to the nearest month?
    >>
    >>For example, I may have the figure 6.75. We know it should be 6 years
    >>and 9 months, but how do I get excel to display it like that?
    >>
    >>I am guessing I may need to use the DATEIF function?
    >>
    >>Thanks for any help
    >>
    >>John

    > Its okay. Worked this one out now. Quite a toughie.
    >
    > John

    Too bad... you'd for sure have gotten the right answer tuit suite
    considering you posted the question to a Howard Stern NG....
    Buckaroo Banzai, Apr 2, 2005
  4. Sorry! I thought I was in the Howard Stern NewsGroup... my bad!

    Buckaroo Banzai, Apr 2, 2005
  5. John

    * Guest

    Hi Buckaroo Banzai, You told me:

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA! You fucktard ****.
    *, Apr 2, 2005
  6. John

    John Guest

    On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 13:31:25 GMT, A strange species called "Buckaroo
    Banzai" <> wrote:

    >"John" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 10:53:28 +0100, A strange species called John
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hello.
    >>>
    >>>I don't supposed anyone knows how to display a decimal number in excel
    >>>in years and months to the nearest month?
    >>>
    >>>For example, I may have the figure 6.75. We know it should be 6 years
    >>>and 9 months, but how do I get excel to display it like that?
    >>>
    >>>I am guessing I may need to use the DATEIF function?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks for any help
    >>>
    >>>John

    >> Its okay. Worked this one out now. Quite a toughie.
    >>
    >> John
    >>

    >Too bad... you'd for sure have gotten the right answer tuit suite
    >considering you posted the question to a Howard Stern NG....

    I'm not completely sure on this joke as I'm British, but I guess it
    would be an insult. I'm sure that Stern guy is a liberal talk radio
    host in America isn't he? He's the one with long scruffy hair right?
    And he supported flip-flop Kerry in the election? If so, yep, if I was
    a regular tech-advisor in here I'd be insulted by that :)

    John
    John, Apr 2, 2005

    Hey, when I mess up, I mess up- so for today, I *am* a 'fucktard ****'.....
    Buckaroo Banzai, Apr 2, 2005
  8. "John" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 13:31:25 GMT, A strange species called "Buckaroo
    > Banzai" <> wrote:
    >

    >>"John" <> wrote in message

    >>> Its okay. Worked this one out now. Quite a toughie.
    >>>
    >>> John
    >>>

    >>Too bad... you'd for sure have gotten the right answer tuit suite
    >>considering you posted the question to a Howard Stern NG....

    > I'm not completely sure on this joke as I'm British, but I guess it
    > would be an insult. I'm sure that Stern guy is a liberal talk radio
    > host in America isn't he? He's the one with long scruffy hair right?
    > And he supported flip-flop Kerry in the election? If so, yep, if I was
    > a regular tech-advisor in here I'd be insulted by that :)
    >
    > John

    Aww, the joke's on me John... I thought I clicked into the Howard Stern NG..
    but it was Alt.computer... So I blasted what I thought was a computer
    question in a HS forum... I'm an idiot!
    Buckaroo Banzai, Apr 2, 2005
  9. John

    Dr. Bill Guest

    Buckaroo Banzai wrote:
    > I *am* a 'fucktard ****'.....

    Nice sig!
    Dr. Bill, Apr 2, 2005

    --
    hmmmm... dumb...
    * * * Y o u r . S h e p h e r d . A q u i , Apr 2, 2005
  11. "Dr. Bill" <> wrote in message
    > Buckaroo Banzai wrote:
    >> I *am* a 'fucktard ****'.....

    > Nice sig!