    I can show my comments but I can't show them in print preview. One of my
    spreadsheets can show them but I'm not sure how it was done. Can anyone tell
    me how to see my comments in print preview?
    Richard, Jan 3, 2007

  2. Richard

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 09:09:41 -0700, Richard wrote:

    >I can show my comments but I can't show them in print preview. One of my
    >spreadsheets can show them but I'm not sure how it was done. Can anyone tell
    >me how to see my comments in print preview?

    Any particular version of XL?

    You didn't try www.google.com for
    excel print preview comments
    See 1st hit, Jan's Excel Spreadsheet Design: Print Comments
    or any of the others.
    Or think about it this way,

    A Workbook contains Sheets, usually defaults to Sheet1, Sheet2 and
    Sheet3. When you add a comment you are adding it to a cell on a sheet.

    Select Print Preview, click on Setup then the Sheet Tab, Print options I
    see are - Gridlines, Black and White, Draft quality, Row and colums
    headings , and Comments.

    The Help says -

    Select the At end of sheet option to print comments beginning on a
    separate page at the end of the document. Select the As displayed on
    sheet option to print comments where they are displayed when you view
    them on the worksheet.
    If you click As displayed on sheet, Microsoft Excel will print only the
    comments that are displayed. To display all comments, click Comments on
    the View menu. To display an individual comment, right-click the cell
    that contains the comment, and then click Show Comment on the shortcut
    menu.

    Or click on Help | Microsoft Excel Help (that's the same help you get
    pressinf F1)

    Answer Wizard - (type in) print comments - Click Search
    then select topic.

    Print a worksheet with comments
    If you want to print the comments in the positions where they appear on
    the sheet, you must first display the comments that you want to print.
    To display all comments, click Comments on the View menu. Move and
    resize the comments, as necessary.

    To display an individual comment, right-click the cell that contains the
    comment, and then click Show Comment on the shortcut menu.

    Click the worksheet.

    On the File menu, click Page Setup, and then click the Sheet tab.

    Do one of the following:
    To print the comments at the end of the sheet, click At end of sheet in
    the Comments box.

    To print the comments where they appear on the worksheet, click As
    displayed on sheet in the Comments box.

    Note To print comments, you must also print the worksheet that
    contains them.

    Me
    why?, Jan 3, 2007

  3. Richard

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 09:09:41 -0700, Richard wrote:

    >I can show my comments but I can't show them in print preview. One of my
    >spreadsheets can show them but I'm not sure how it was done. Can anyone tell
    >me how to see my comments in print preview?

    As per all good MS Office apps, some stuff appears in more than 1 place.
    File | Page Setup.

    Me
    why?, Jan 3, 2007