Excel 2007 DVD Database front end (with data)

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Son of a Sea Cook, Dec 20, 2009.

  1. Hello. This is an Excel front end for a well known DVD database.

    It REQUIRES MS Office Excel 2007 to work properly. O2k3 will cause huge
    loss of data. It converts the database to a single sheet, 2k7 ONLY
    spreadsheet. It will NOT work with Office 2k3.

    It includes links to update the data directly from the site.
    It includes a link to go hunt for cover art images as well.

    It is a macro enabled workbook.

    The macros are for retrieval of the current file, and for the
    conversion thereof, and for the "popping up" of the cover art images.

    They are controlled by buttons so things are still manual in that
    respect. Once a film is found, the actor listing has to be drawn up by a
    macro assigned to a button above the list called "Actors". The DVD cover
    art pops up when any of the DVD logo 'buttons' are clicked.

    The new movie data pops in as soon as you enter the movie number and
    leave the field. The file is large, but smaller than the three downloads
    are because the 2k3 to 2k7 conversion actually ends up making a smaller
    file, and because the actor and director data is included in a single
    file. Since none of the data is ever in flux, there is no need for a
    relational database, and any flat file database is just fine, and that is
    what this Excel workbook is.

    It imports the actor and director data as delimited text, and adds it to
    my workbook structure. The lookups do not use any queries, only advanced
    filtering methodologies. Therefore no database app is needed, and I have
    found this spreadsheet to operate far faster than any relational database
    implementation I ever worked with. How they search so slowly is beyond
    me.

    I like a good ol' bubble sort any day.

    Enjoy...

    _http://www.mediafire.com/file/tytzztygiqr/DVD_Image_Database.rar