    so the embedded Word document will not cover up the spreadsheet please?

    Thanks,

    Edmond.

    Edmond Lo, Apr 18, 2005

  2. Edmond Lo

    Impossible Guest

    "Edmond Lo" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > I have an Excel spreadsheet that I need to embed a Word document in
    > the middle. My problem is that I can't control the size of the Word
    > "embeddment", and when it is getting big it covers part of the
    > spreadsheet.
    > I was wondering if there is any way of "dynamically" adjust the
    > spreadsheet so the embedded Word document will not cover up the
    > spreadsheet please?

    I'll assume that putting the Word doc on a page of it's own is not an
    option here. Or that inserting a hyperlink that would open the
    document in Word is also not going to get the job done.

    To answer your question -- yes, you can adjust the embedded document's
    size and/or location in Excel using VBA. But how exactly you would go
    about doing this depends a lot on the function and layout of your
    spreadsheet -- and the nature of the Word document. Have a look at the
    OLEObject and Shape objects, for starters, and play with various
    settings. Once you're at the stage of having some code together that
    doesn't quite do the job, I'd suggest you consult with the very
    helpful people at news://microsoft.public.excel.programming.

    Impossible, Apr 18, 2005

  3. Edmond Lo

    Mercury Guest

    I always do it the other way around & never have issues with presenting
    tables / charts...
    Thats with Office XP and 2000 / 2003. If you are running earlier versions,
    well thats a while back sorry.

    Mercury, Apr 19, 2005