    .. 1 design exam
    .. 1 Elective

    Thanks in advance
    =?Utf-8?B?QXJpZXMwOTk5?=, Mar 14, 2007

  2. 7 exams. Your example is correct. Just out of curiosity, can you list
    the 9 you want to take. Regardless, following and successfully
    negotiating the example you listed; you will achieve your MCSE.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Mar 14, 2007

  3. > ..... add up to 9.

    Incorrect Answer - Please Try Again.

    BTW
    Specializations
    • MCSE: Messaging on Windows Server 2003
    Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE): Messaging candidates on the
    Microsoft Windows Server 2003 track must pass six core exams and two
    messaging specialization exams. = 8

    • MCSE: Security on Windows Server 2003
    Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE): Security candidates on the
    Microsoft Windows Server 2003 track are required to pass five core exams and
    three security specialization exams. = 8

    for more info please visit http://certguard.com/forums/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=104

    --
    bIg uP cErTgUarD.
    http://certguard.com/forums/
    =?Utf-8?B?T1RITUFO?=, Mar 14, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?QXJpZXMwOTk5?=

    kpg Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?QXJpZXMwOTk5?= <> wrote in

    > Hello all,
    >
    > How many exams in total [ including core and electives ] are needed
    > for MCSE 2003 ? From the MS website, I counted 7 but when I actually
    > decide which ones I'll take they add up to 9 so where am I going
    > wrong. It should be simple :
    >
    > . 4 networking system exams
    > . 1 client operating system
    > . 1 design exam
    > . 1 Elective
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    Yeah, math is hard, don't you just hate word problems?

    The answer is 43.

    ....or is that 4+3?

    I think you're going to hate subnetting.
    kpg, Mar 14, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?QXJpZXMwOTk5?=

    .rev [MCT] Guest

    I love subnetting. Its my favorite thing to teach actually.And I have yet to
    have a student not learn the concept in one hour or less, most cases 30 min
    or so..

    --
    ..rev
    ..

    .rev [MCT], Mar 14, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?QXJpZXMwOTk5?=

    Consultant Guest

    no, it is 3.14

    Consultant, Mar 14, 2007
  7. =?Utf-8?B?QXJpZXMwOTk5?=

    kpg Guest

    ".rev [MCT]" <> wrote in

    > I love subnetting. Its my favorite thing to teach actually.And I have
    > yet to have a student not learn the concept in one hour or less, most
    > cases 30 min or so..

    I applaud your teaching prowess.

    Subnetting is indeed simple, made difficult IMHO by one of my
    pet peeves: IP addresses should be expressed in hexadecimal
    notation. I still to this day can't figure out how the bunch
    of geeks (I assume) that invented IP Addressing felt the need
    to use decimal notation. I'm sure theses guys used hex all the
    time. Is it that when they presented it to their Petagon
    overlords that had to dumb it down? I don't get it.
    kpg, Mar 14, 2007
  8. =?Utf-8?B?QXJpZXMwOTk5?=

    .rev [MCT] Guest

    Well IPv6 is Hex so you wish is granted. And speaking of Hex I like Hex too.
    I teach both at the same time often in some of my networking basics classes,
    and if the students complain I often throw in a little octal too.

    I teach all 3 forms without using math. :) I'm actually a math person, but I
    find that when learning subnetting or hex, and in some cases even octal
    learning by numbers confuses the student because they are all too often
    making things harder than they actually are. So for me if you can do simple
    adding and subtracting (1st grade math) you can subnet, you can learn hex
    notation and you can learn octal.

    --
    ..rev
    ..

    .rev [MCT], Mar 14, 2007
  9. =?Utf-8?B?QXJpZXMwOTk5?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >no, it is 3.14

    that sounds like pie in the sky to me.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Mar 14, 2007
  10. =?Utf-8?B?QXJpZXMwOTk5?=

    kpg Guest

    Kline Sphere <.@> wrote in news::

    >>no, it is 3.14

    > that sounds like pie in the sky to me.

    better than pie in the face

    no, actually that would be good

    nevermind.
    kpg, Mar 14, 2007
  11. Michael,

    Thanks so much for your response
    Courses I am interested in :

    To the rest of you who invested the time to make joke out of my question,
    why don't you find a forum for clowns to join. I bet it's gonna much more fun
    than this one.

    =?Utf-8?B?QXJpZXMwOTk5?=, Mar 14, 2007
  12. Ahh. I understand now. You were confusing exams and Microsoft courses.
    Due to the range and amount of information regarding certain subjects,
    or exams; Microsoft divided some courses into 2 classes or courses.
    There may be 9 courses if you choose to take the Microsoft path of
    study, but it will equal out to 7 exams for your MCSE. Hope that helps,
    and good luck.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Mar 14, 2007
  13. =?Utf-8?B?QXJpZXMwOTk5?=

    catwalker63 Guest

    Aries0999 piffled away vaguely:
    <snip>

    > To the rest of you who invested the time to make joke out of my question,
    > why don't you find a forum for clowns to join. I bet it's gonna much more fun
    > than this one.

    <snip>

    If you are going to survive in this business you will need to grow a
    sense of humor and not take everything so personally. IT is the wrong
    place for whiners.
    --

    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet
    catwalker63, Mar 15, 2007
  14. You apparently haven't been to the Vista newsgroups. MANY IT "pros" are in
    there whining and have no sense of humor.

    --
    Dustin Harper

    http://www.vistarip.com

    Dustin Harper, Mar 15, 2007
  15. I have survived in the business for 16 years and I do have a sense of humor
    when and where it's appropriate. Out of 10 responses only one was helpful.
    How would feel if you were me. Thank you for calling me a whiner !!!!!

    End of discussion.

    =?Utf-8?B?QXJpZXMwOTk5?=, Mar 15, 2007
  16. Thanks so much Michael .... much appreciated. Now I see where I went wrong

    =?Utf-8?B?QXJpZXMwOTk5?=, Mar 15, 2007
  17. You are very welcome.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Mar 15, 2007
  18. =?Utf-8?B?QXJpZXMwOTk5?=

    catwalker63 Guest

    Aries0999 piffled away vaguely:

    > I have survived in the business for 16 years and I do have a sense of humor
    > when and where it's appropriate. Out of 10 responses only one was helpful.
    > How would feel if you were me. Thank you for calling me a whiner !!!!!
    >
    > End of discussion.

    This is usenet. You got one helpful response.

    Nope, I'm sorry, I don't see the problem.

    catwalker63, Mar 15, 2007
  19. =?Utf-8?B?QXJpZXMwOTk5?=

    Briscobar Guest

    "Aries0999" <> wrote in message
    >I have survived in the business for 16 years and I do have a sense of humor
    > when and where it's appropriate. Out of 10 responses only one was helpful.

    So you got a helpful response, and you're still complaining about it? How
    many solutions to your problem do you want? Jeez.

    > How would feel if you were me. Thank you for calling me a whiner !!!!!

    There are no "regulars" here whose job it is to help you. Not one person
    here has any responsibility or obligation to solve your problem for you. You
    know when you see a homeless guy on the street asking for some change?
    Sometimes you give him a buck, sometimes you say "Sorry, not today". That's
    how usenet works, dude. You got 9 "Sorry, not todays", but that one good
    response? Just make sure you don't buy booze with it.

    KB
    Briscobar, Mar 15, 2007
  20. =?Utf-8?B?QXJpZXMwOTk5?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "Briscobar" <> wrote in message

    > "Aries0999" <> wrote in message
    >>I have survived in the business for 16 years and I do have a sense of
    >>humor
    >> when and where it's appropriate. Out of 10 responses only one was
    >> helpful.

    > So you got a helpful response, and you're still complaining about it? How
    > many solutions to your problem do you want? Jeez.
    >
    >> How would feel if you were me. Thank you for calling me a whiner !!!!!

    > There are no "regulars" here whose job it is to help you. Not one person
    > here has any responsibility or obligation to solve your problem for you.
    > You know when you see a homeless guy on the street asking for some change?
    > Sometimes you give him a buck, sometimes you say "Sorry, not today".
    > That's how usenet works, dude. You got 9 "Sorry, not todays", but that one
    > good response? Just make sure you don't buy booze with it.

    Dewd... PotM
    Frisbee®, Mar 15, 2007