    example of how to do this?

    Thanks,
    Chris
    Chris, Mar 6, 2008

  2. Chris

    Greeley

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2007
    Messages:
    67
    From configuration mode:
    vlan 2
    exit
    vlan 3
    exit
    Assuming these switches are in transparent mode or your switch is a server in vtp.

    "vlan 2" is the layer 2 "interface vlan 2" is layer 3

    --G
    Greeley, Mar 6, 2008

  3. Chris <> writes:
    >I'm trying to configure a catalyst 3650 and need some help. I've got
    >two vlans that I don't want to propagate or broadcast to other
    >switches, so I need to configure layer 2 vlans. Can someone send me an
    >example of how to do this?

    Just don't configure a layer-3 interface, or leave the layer-3
    interface shutdown..

    vlan 10,20
    int FastEthernet 0/1
    switchport access vlan 10
    int FastEthernet 0/2
    switchport access vlan 10
    int FastEthernet 0/3
    switchport access vlan 20
    int FastEthernet 0/4
    switchport access vlan 20
    no int Vlan 10
    no int Vlan 20
    Doug McIntyre, Mar 6, 2008
  4. Chris

    Chris Guest

    On Mar 6, 4:12 pm, Doug McIntyre <> wrote:
    > Chris <> writes:
    > >I'm trying to configure a catalyst 3650 and need some help. I've got
    > >two vlans that I don't want to propagate or broadcast to other
    > >switches, so I need to configure layer 2 vlans. Can someone send me an
    > >example of how to do this?

    > Just don't configure a layer-3 interface, or leave the layer-3
    > interface shutdown..
    >
    > vlan 10,20
    > int FastEthernet 0/1
    > switchport access vlan 10
    > int FastEthernet 0/2
    > switchport access vlan 10
    > int FastEthernet 0/3
    > switchport access vlan 20
    > int FastEthernet 0/4
    > switchport access vlan 20
    > no int Vlan 10
    > no int Vlan 20

    Ah! It IS that simple....Thanks, Doug.
    Chris, Mar 6, 2008
  5. If you have multiple switches in a network and need certain vlans
    contained to a group of switches, don't use VTP.

    VTP would be configured in Transparent mode, and the switches local vlan
    database would only contain the vlans defined on that switch. This
    prevents other vlans from passing traffic on trunk links.

    If vtp is in use, then configure vtp pruning, which prevents unwanted
    vlans to be propagated down the trunks.

    Scott
    http://www.xpresslearn.com

    xpresslearn.com, Mar 9, 2008
  6. Chris

    kidnice_1

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Trunking

    If you don't want Certain VLAN traffic to pass between switches you can simply remove the vlan from the trunk so the switches won't send traffic from that vlan across.
    kidnice_1, Mar 31, 2010