examnotes hating on the MCNGP

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Ken Briscoe, Jan 21, 2004.

  1. Ken Briscoe

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    Fellow MCNGPs, faithful readers, esteemed colleagues, and hideous dumpers:

    Please direct your attention to the following webpage:
    http://www.examnotes.net/article1033356.html

    This was brought to my attention by one of our astute newsgroup readers,
    who, for the sake of privacy, I won't name (step forward, if you wish.
    You've done a great deed, and you shall be rewarded with 2 free flame-free
    threads, if you so desire.).

    As you may or may not know, examnotes.net has newsgroup feeds, and puts
    them in HTML format...this NG being one of them. In the thread above
    (yesterday's thread "1certify.com got the all exam help"), someone
    (presumably examnotes.net) modified Spock's response to the OP to include a
    link to a dump site.

    A terrible injustice has occured, and I charge all of my fellow MCNGPs to
    rectify the situation, and bring justice to the world, to restore the
    peace, and eliminate the civil unrest this has created.

    Thank you for your time and effort in this matter.

    Sincerely,

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Jan 21, 2004

  2. Ken Briscoe wrote:
    > Fellow MCNGPs, faithful readers, esteemed colleagues, and hideous
    > dumpers:
    >
    > Please direct your attention to the following webpage:
    > http://www.examnotes.net/article1033356.html
    >
    > This was brought to my attention by one of our astute newsgroup
    > readers, who, for the sake of privacy, I won't name (step forward, if
    > you wish. You've done a great deed, and you shall be rewarded with 2
    > free flame-free threads, if you so desire.).
    >
    > As you may or may not know, examnotes.net has newsgroup feeds, and
    > puts them in HTML format...this NG being one of them. In the thread
    > above (yesterday's thread "1certify.com got the all exam help"),
    > someone (presumably examnotes.net) modified Spock's response to the
    > OP to include a link to a dump site.

    Most likely what is going on here is that the bra!n dump site in question
    has purchase the word "bra!ndump" (I hope they got a great deal) and now any
    post shown on their site that uses that word gets automatically URL'd to
    their web site. Cripes... we'd have to munge the word from here on out to
    attempt to avoid having a post of ours link to their web site.

    Perhaps we need a contest to see what could become the Official MCNGP munge
    for the word we hate the most.

    --
    Fris "Perhaps we should simply call them brainfarts or assdumps" bee® MCNGP

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Jan 21, 2004

  3. >someone
    >(presumably examnotes.net) modified Spock's response to the OP to include a
    >link to a dump site.

    Why would they do that?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 21, 2004
  4. I believe Paisleyskye used to be involved with examnotes.com until they
    began promoting braindumps. She left because of that. For that I applaude
    her. I believe, as Frisbee pointed out, that the word when used is
    automatically linked, and it does it because the site promotes braindumps.
    I'm not sure the MCNGP attacks external sources unless they attack us first.

    --
    Politician Spock
    Thug #24601

    Politician Spock, Jan 21, 2004
  5. Ken Briscoe

    kpg Guest

    > Perhaps we need a contest to see what could become the Official MCNGP
    munge
    > for the word we hate the most.

    ooh! ooh! pick me! pick me!
    Gray matter dung heap?

    Cheatsite?

    lamerville?

    I know, not my best work.

    kpg, Jan 21, 2004
  6. Ken Briscoe

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    > I believe Paisleyskye used to be involved with examnotes.com until they
    > began promoting braindumps. She left because of that. For that I applaude
    > her. I believe, as Frisbee pointed out, that the word when used is
    > automatically linked, and it does it because the site promotes

    braindumps.
    > I'm not sure the MCNGP attacks external sources unless they attack us

    first.

    Ah, this I had not thought of. Thanks Fris and Spock for pointing this out.
    I had simply assumed that they were mocking us, which would warrant
    retaliation! However, I see that it's not *us* specifically. Annoying and
    against our MCNGP principles, but not an attack on us, per se. Please
    disregard my original post and never bring it up again.

    *does that silly Men In Black mind eraser thing*

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

    =?Utf-8?B?TG5rV2l6YXJk?=, Jan 21, 2004
  8. LnkWizard wrote:
    > If I may suggest: br@indu/\/\p

    Good suggestion, except the /V\ part is overkill... simply using the "at"
    sign works for me, plus it could potentially screw up Swen and spammers... I
    might start using just to mess them up some.

    Heh, just had to check to make sure that indump.com didn't exist... it would
    be mean to have a sh!tload of spam sent to them if they existed and didn't
    deserve it.

    --
    Fris " " bee® MCNGP #13

    =?Utf-8?Q?Frisbee=C2=AE_MCNGP?=, Jan 21, 2004
  9. You're right, I like your idea better. Just trying to do my small part to defeat the nefarious forces
    of br@indumping and cheating.

    =?Utf-8?B?TG5rV2l6YXJk?=, Jan 21, 2004
  10. Ken Briscoe

    Andy Foster Guest

    On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:54:47 -0500, Frisbee® MCNGP wrote:
    <snip>

    > Perhaps we need a contest to see what could become the Official MCNGP
    > munge for the word we hate the most.

    I think this calls for the level of sophistication and subtlety that only
    Chalk is capable of...

    Andy Foster, Jan 21, 2004
  11. Ken Briscoe

    JaR Guest

    "Andy Foster" <> wrote in message

    > I think this calls for the level of sophistication and subtlety that only
    > Chalk is capable of...

    Exactly! You can't improve on perfection.

    JaR, Jan 21, 2004
  12. Andy Foster wrote:
    > On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:54:47 -0500, Frisbee® MCNGP wrote:
    > <snip>
    >>
    >> Perhaps we need a contest to see what could become the Official MCNGP
    >> munge for the word we hate the most.

    > I think this calls for the level of sophistication and subtlety that
    > only Chalk is capable of...

    You owe me a new keyboard.

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Jan 21, 2004
  13. Ken Briscoe

    Darth 2000 Guest

    Why did she do it?

    --