exam

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by injuredbm, Jan 13, 2004.

  1. injuredbm

    injuredbm Guest

    Hi to all -

    Please help a simple man understand........
    beta exam....real exam......

    VUE - that part I have figuered out - for they have a
    location in my city.

    its the exam part....
    beta .. being a trial one...
    If I try to write a beta exam and pass...
    will it give me the needed requirement...
    I do know you need to write both and pass ..
    so the real question is...
    beta and paass to get cert...
    or wait for ......??????

    please .. someone who is knowledgable let me know....

    thanks

    injuredbm, Jan 13, 2004

  2. injuredbm

    Guest Guest

    I dont think you need to wait for a "knowledgeable
    person" for your question lol. If you can get into a beta
    exam then do it , its free. Nuff said right? Why wait ,
    only to spend money for materials and then the exam?

    If you pass the beta, you get the credits.

    Guest, Jan 13, 2004

  3. It sounds like a little terminology understanding may help.

    The way you take our exams is through companies that agree to provide
    proctored tests for us. We use Prometric and Vue to deliver our tests. Other
    certification programs use other test provider companies, or administer the
    tests themselves.

    When we create an exam (and a certification), we are validating someone's
    skill's to a level we define, such as entry, competent, or expert. After
    we've defined the skills we need to validate, we create questions that test
    that knowledge. We then have a number of people that are at the skill level
    (we identified earlier) take the exam and identify which questions go on the
    exam. the exam "beta" is the part where we have people that match the skill
    level take the exam. Once we do that and figure out what items in what
    amounts should be on the exam, we create the exam that everyone can take.
    During the beta you do not get a pass/fail immediately because we do not
    know what the passing level should be. Once the exam go live (and everyone
    can take it), we know what it takes to pass the exams and can give immediate
    results to the person taking the test.

    For the MCDST exams, we have completed the beta phase of the exams and are
    working on the putting them out for everyone to take. Exam 271 is now live,
    so you could call Prometric or Vue and schedule to take the exam.

    --
    Andy Ruth
    Microsoft Learning

    rights.

    Andy Ruth [MS], Jan 13, 2004
  4. injuredbm

    injuredbm Guest

    Hi to all -

    thank you all for response -
    for I am starting to understand a bit more now -

    Now as to VUE =- there is one in my city - so if I
    understand all - I am to call them and book for a exam ???
    but this will cost ... whatever..
    But if I do something re MVP then I might be entitled for
    beta exam..??

    Please do fill me in on how to take beta exam?
    and where from ...VUE in town..online or ????

    thanks again all

    injuredbm, Jan 14, 2004
  5. The beta period for these exams is closed, so it would be too late to
    praticipate in the beta offering of these exams. You could call Vue (or
    Prometric) now and schedule exam 271 though.

    Good luck!

    --
    Andy Ruth
    Microsoft Learning

    rights.

    Andy Ruth [MS], Jan 14, 2004
  6. injuredbm

    Guest Guest

    Thank you for filling me with your knowledge :)

    thanks again
    injuredbm

    Guest, Jan 15, 2004