    was wondering if MS has plans to get rid of 2000 and make
    2000 MCSE switch to 2003.

    Thank you.

    Ry, Nov 21, 2003

  2. Ry

    Herb Martin Guest

    "Ry" <> wrote in message
    news:0bdd01c3b044$6f476340$...
    > Hi there,
    > Does anyone know if Microsoft is planning on throwing out
    > windows 2000 MCSE's????
    > I am kinda worried because i am on the 2000 track and am
    > waiting until i complete this to do the 2003 track, but
    > was wondering if MS has plans to get rid of 2000 and make
    > 2000 MCSE switch to 2003.

    Current (and likely reliable and at least semi-permanent) answer is NO.

    Win2000 (and WinNT 4.0) MCSE remain certified.

    For WinNT 4.0 Microsoft announced right up to the effective date that
    these would expire, but then changed the policy.

    It could change -- it seems unlikely.

    Currently it is more like a college degree -- once you earn it, you have it
    for life but it MIGHT not remain relevant if you don't keep updating your
    experience and/or training.

    --
    Herb Martin

    Herb Martin, Nov 21, 2003

  3. Ry

    MCSE World Guest

    Once you are certified, you are certified. The only thing that happens is
    that exams become retired, making it impossible to achieve certian
    certifications. Those who hold NT 4.0 certifications such as MCSE on NT 4.0
    or MCSE+I are still certified...even though the exams required to get these
    certifications are long gone.

    Best,
    Will
    www.mcseworld.com

    MCSE World, Nov 21, 2003
  4. Ry

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    for the record. that wasn't me who posted that dumb post...

    RY, MCSE

    Rowdy Yates, Nov 23, 2003
  5. Ry

    Herb Martin Guest

    "Rowdy Yates" <> wrote in message
    > for the record. that wasn't me who posted that dumb post...

    Not really "dumb", just naive.

    --
    Herb Martin

    Herb Martin, Nov 23, 2003