    from MCSE 2000 to the new 2008 certification?

    Thanks in advance

    Scott
    Scott Reading, Nov 30, 2007

  2. Scott Reading

    Chris Lobban Guest

    True indeed.

    If you login to the MCP homepage, on the right side you can find a
    quick-link to the "Exams scheduled for retirement". Among those exams being
    retired on March 31st, 2008 are both 70-292 and 70-296. So you've got 4
    months from now to finish that last exam.

    And no, there will be no direct jump from 2000 to 2008. You need to get your
    2003 first, and then follow the upgrade path from there.

    Chris

    "Scott Reading" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I am currently a MCSE 2000. I understand that to upgrade to MCSE 2003, I
    > need to take the 70-292 and 70-296 exams. I have taken and passed the

    70-292,
    > so I just have the final one to do.
    >
    > I have heard on the grapevine recently, that Microsoft was putting an

    expiry
    > date on all MCSE 2000's needing to upgrade to 2003. So if I dont pass the
    > final exam, by a certain date, my MCSE 2000 certification will go down the
    > toliet.
    >
    > Does anyone know if ths is true?
    >
    > One more thing. Does anyone know whether there will be a direct upgrade

    path

    Chris Lobban, Nov 30, 2007

  3. Scott Reading

    John R Guest

    You will still be able to update after 03/2008 by taking 293 and 294 instead
    of 296. It is only 292 and 296 that are expiring. (Likewise for 290 and
    291 instead of 292, but you've already got that covered).

    John R

    John R, Nov 30, 2007
  4. Thanks very much for that Chris. It is much appreciated

    Scott Reading, Nov 30, 2007