    question for 70-305 also.

    Thanks for your help.

    Shakib

    Shakib, Jun 8, 2004

  2. Shakib

    Guest Guest

    Real exam contains 50-60 questions and would be 90-120
    mins long. In my case, the 70-305 exam had 55 questions
    for 120 mins.

    The passing score is 700. But, I'm not sure whether all
    questions carry equal weightage (for some questions, you
    need to select 2 or 3 correct choices). Therefore, it's
    difficult to translate it into the number of questions
    needed to pass !

    - Raja.

    Guest, Jun 8, 2004

  3. Shakib

    Shakib Guest

    Thanks a lot Raja. I feel much better now especially for
    the time of exam. BTW, is 700 out of 1000?

    Shakib

    Shakib, Jun 8, 2004
  4. Shakib

    Raja Guest

    My belief was that too, until I saw some posts on this
    forum, where people mentioned getting scores of above
    1000 ! Unfortunately, MS doesn't specify the max score
    anywhere.

    - Raja.

    AFAIK

    >"Shakib" <> wrote in

    message

    Raja, Jun 10, 2004
  5. Shakib

    Sean Guest

    I read that microsoft is moving toward what is called "adaptive-Exam" which makes it hard to get a feel how you are doing based on a "correct" or "incorrect" answer.
    The test themselves are not harder but what they do is test your knowedge based on the first few questions then move into a "harder" category or "easier" category depending on your answers then back and forth, again depending on how you answer. In the end its a complicated formula that decides if you pass or fail.

    Sean, Jun 16, 2004
  6. Shakib

    Eric Guest

    Sean wrote:

    > I read that microsoft is moving toward what is called "adaptive-Exam"

    From what I understand, it's basically the same questions. They hit you
    with the hardest questions up front. If you get them all right you
    don't have to answer the easier questions.

    It's intended to save time. If you know your stuff, you can be done in
    45 minutes, instead of 90+ minutes.

    The only downside I see is that you can't go back to questions again to
    reconsider your answers.

    I've also heard that this idea was used on a trial basis, but didn't
    seem to be well accepted by test-takers. I'm not sure if they'll use
    this in the future.

    Eric

    Eric, Jun 16, 2004