Exam scoring !

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by liben christophe, Feb 1, 2006.

  1. Hi everybody,

    sorry for my english it isn't my native language. :) Hope you will
    understand me properly.

    So my question is:

    - when you answer a question and the answer is correct you earn points !!!
    of course ! :-D

    - when you don't answer a question, you don't earn points-- > it is logical
    :)

    BUT

    - when you ansewer a question and the answer is not correct WHAT'S
    HAPPENING ? you don't earn points or you loose points ?????

    it is urgent to know 'cause i'm takingthe exam tomorrow morning

    Have a nice day !!!

    Chris from Belgium

    liben christophe, Feb 1, 2006

  2. liben christophe

    DST Guest

    For questions where you can only select one answer, it is generaly
    believed you don't loose points (I don't know about an official MS
    statement).

    But for questions were you have to select more than one answer, you'll
    only get the full score when you select all the right answers and none
    of the wrong ones. Selecting all answers is not a good strategy ;-)

    What exam are you taking, and were?

    DST from Brussels

    DST, Feb 1, 2006

  3. I'm also MCDST
    I pass the 70-270
    I only need to take the 70-290 and 70-291 to earn the MCSA certification

    i'm going to take the exam in LR Technology In Brussels
    Where are you coming from?

    liben christophe, Feb 1, 2006
  4. liben christophe

    DST Guest

    DST is the TLA (Three Letter Accronym) of my name, Didier STevens ;-)

    I'm not a MCDST, but I'm a MCSD .NET - MCDBA SQL2K - MCSE/Security
    W2K3.

    If you want to continue this conversation, contact me at my gmail
    address.

    DST

    DST, Feb 1, 2006
  5. Yes, You don't earn point. But, you earned experiences and practice for the
    next try.
    --
    tzt

    =?Utf-8?B?VGhhbnR6aW50dW4=?=, Feb 5, 2006
  6. Hello DST,
    I am going to take 70-315 next week..could u please help me?
    I want to know...how good are Microsoft assessments? Should I depend on
    their scores? Are they similar to actual cert. questions?
    Thanks and regards,

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF5YWw=?=, Feb 13, 2006
  7. liben christophe

    DST Guest

    Payal,

    I didn't take the MS assessments.

    I used the MS press and the Exam Cram 2 books.
    The questions in the MS press books don't resemble the actual questions
    at all, they are open questions, but are good to check what you
    learned.
    The questions in the Exam Cram 2 books are like actual exam questions,
    but a bit easier.

    Once I used a CD with an exam simulation that was in the MS Press book
    (don't remember which), it was really crappy software: bugs & crashes,
    and even incorrect answers to the questions! But I mention this because
    I was surprised when I recognized one of the questions on the actual
    exam! Can't say it was 100% identical, but it sure was very close to
    it.

    I'm probably to late with my reply, how was your exam?

    DST

    DST, Feb 21, 2006