Exam scores and transitioning into C#

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Elaine, Jan 25, 2005.

  1. Elaine

    Elaine Guest

    I earned the MCAD certificate in December and am preparing
    to apply for jobs soon.

    I was wondering if job interviewers will ask about the
    scores of the MCAD exams. If they do, what should I say
    because I don't feel my scores are high?

    Although, I did a great deal of preparation for at least
    the first two exams, my scores were 753 on the 70-315, 860
    on the 70-316 and 740 on the 70-320. I had a time
    constraint and my background is C++ and Unix and I have no
    work experience in C# and .NET.

    I'm also wondering if it is even possible to find a job
    working in C# and .NET with just the MCAD and a C++/Unix
    background. Has anyone had any experience with this or
    some similar situation?

    I've been looking at website postings and even if they
    don't specify years of C# experience, they want someone
    with a substantial Windows background.
    Elaine, Jan 25, 2005

  2. Elaine

    V. Guest

    I don't think your skill set will be a problem.

    V., Jan 26, 2005

  3. Hi Elaine,

    The exams are pass/fail and that's what's recorded on your transcript. In
    fact, for a while Microsoft did not give any score indication at all, and
    did not give any representation of which areas you were weak or strong in.
    I'd say that the exams are pass/fail and you passed. Offer to log into the
    MCP site and print your transcript.

    www.cindywinegarden.com

    Cindy Winegarden, Jan 27, 2005
  4. Elaine

    Elaine Guest

    Thanks, Cindy. I'll bring my official transcript to the
    interview and hand it to them if they ask about scores. If
    they pursue it, then I don't know. I've been reading a book
    called "Ace the IT Interview" and she says that some
    interviewers will want to know your scores on SAT's or MCSE
    exams.

    I think that my scores are OK for a person with no work
    experience in .NET and taking these kinds of exams, who
    didn't use braindump tests and who passed each exam the
    first time, but I'm not sure. I wish I had earned higher
    scores. I just want to be prepared in case I'm interviewed
    by someone who asks about the scores.

    Elaine, Jan 27, 2005
  5. Elaine

    Guest Guest

    Thanks V. It's just that I'm having trouble finding
    postings like at Monster.com that match my skill set. I
    think this means that I must use many methods of job hunting.

    Guest, Jan 27, 2005
  6. Elaine

    CB Guest

    Elaine,

    How many hours of trainning is required for the 70-315
    and 70-320 exam.

    I already have 70-316 completed.

    CB

    CB, Feb 1, 2005