exam re-take promo? why? Whats the catch?

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Beoweolf, Aug 7, 2004.

  1. Beoweolf

    Beoweolf Guest

    By this time, everyone has heard of the "Vue" / "Microsoft" USA
    promotion....except me. What, Why come to mind. What is the reason and why?
    Being the perennial skeptic; I can help be see some hidden benefit to both
    parties, probably at the expense of the candidate.

    Anyone taken advantage of this? Was the re-test harder, easier or just the
    same? Maybe they are just trying to build a profile of who fails on first
    tests and what the rate of improvement is on a retest and does the candidate
    pass barely or with room to spare. I am asking to see if it is better to
    recommend that students forgo the "free" re-test (and the possible tracking)
    and just pay for it out of pocket.

    ---

    Beoweolf, Aug 7, 2004

  2. Beoweolf

    Jay Guest

    "Beoweolf" <> wrote in

    > Maybe they are just trying to build a profile of who fails
    > on first tests and what the rate of improvement is on a retest

    If they wanted to track you, they already have your name, address, and all
    that other personal information you gave them when you registered for the
    exam the first time. And when you take a test, your score is associated
    with your name at that time anyway. If they want to track the pass rates
    and retakes, it would not be hard for them to do anyways.

    Quit being paranoid, most likely vue is trying to promote their sites over
    prometric testing centers. It probably is nothing more than a promotion.

    It is safe to take off that tin foil hat you are wearing.

    Jay

    Jay, Aug 7, 2004

  3. Beoweolf

    Zenner Guest

    I see comprehension isn't your strong suit? Although I do appreciate the
    insight. Thank you for your omments.

    "Jay" <> wrote in message
    > "Beoweolf" <> wrote in
    >

    > > Maybe they are just trying to build a profile of who fails
    > > on first tests and what the rate of improvement is on a retest

    > If they wanted to track you, they already have your name, address, and all
    > that other personal information you gave them when you registered for the
    > exam the first time. And when you take a test, your score is associated
    > with your name at that time anyway. If they want to track the pass rates
    > and retakes, it would not be hard for them to do anyways.
    >
    > Quit being paranoid, most likely vue is trying to promote their sites over
    > prometric testing centers. It probably is nothing more than a promotion.
    >
    > It is safe to take off that tin foil hat you are wearing.
    >
    > Jay

    ---

    Zenner, Aug 8, 2004
  4. Beoweolf

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    ha ha ha ... classic. this ones getting laminated.

    :)

    "Beoweolf" <> wrote in

    > By this time, everyone has heard of the "Vue" / "Microsoft" USA
    > promotion....except me. What, Why come to mind. What is the reason and
    > why? Being the perennial skeptic; I can help be see some hidden
    > benefit to both parties, probably at the expense of the candidate.
    >
    > Anyone taken advantage of this? Was the re-test harder, easier or just
    > the same? Maybe they are just trying to build a profile of who fails
    > on first tests and what the rate of improvement is on a retest and
    > does the candidate pass barely or with room to spare. I am asking to
    > see if it is better to recommend that students forgo the "free"
    > re-test (and the possible tracking) and just pay for it out of pocket.
    >

    > ---

    Rowdy Yates
    ---
    "Certs? No thanks, I prefer Tic-Tac's."
    MCSE 2003, MCSE 2000, MCSA 2003, MCSA 2000, MCP
    Security+, Linux+, CISSP
    Studying for: RSA/CSE
    ---
    Web: http://rowdy_yates2.tripod.com/

    Rowdy Yates, Aug 8, 2004
  5. Beoweolf

    JC Guest

    It's *NEVER* safe to take of your tin-foil hat...

    JC, Aug 9, 2004
  6. >It's *NEVER* safe to take of your tin-foil hat...

    very true, although tin foil does not stop you seeing dead people -
    trust me :)

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Aug 9, 2004
  7. Beoweolf

    Zenner Guest

    No problem, I can tell you are too sophisticated for me to engague in
    conversation. A person of your caliber, you most likey voted for Bush. And
    any day now, expect to see those WMD's surface. Gas price hikes are due to
    lack of production, not corporate greed. And the alfredo sauce on that last
    "all you can eat" dinner you were served wasn't spiked with human
    fluids.Ah...pasta and protein...life is good!
    "JC" <> wrote in message
    > It's *NEVER* safe to take of your tin-foil hat...

    ---

    Zenner, Aug 10, 2004
  8. Beoweolf

    nerd32768 Guest

    Gas is only 1.69 a gallon. we are also making the most we have in the last
    10 years
    The gas companies raise the prices due to the war, but they get just as much
    gas.

    nerd32768, Aug 10, 2004