    guide. I would like to know are the questions on the exams only senorios or
    are there questions about book knowledge? I want to take the first exam in
    August.
    henrie8, May 1, 2005

  2. henrie8

    Michael Guest

    Hello Henrie,

    I have wrote exam 70-271 & 70-272, I went to book exam 70-270 and changed my
    mind and booked the MCDST exams instead. I thought that with all my desktop
    experience and how well I did on the practice exams for 70-270 I would be ok.
    Well I was for 70-271 and scored very well on that exam. But 70-272 had so
    many questions on configuring Office 2003 & Outlook 2003, I came up short. Do
    not under estimate this exam, Microsoft is doing away with the multiple
    choice exams as often as they can and substituting with drag & drop, put the
    12 answers in the right order which you may or may not need all the answers.
    Make sure you know alot about Outlook in Office XP & Office 2003. There are
    40 questions on exam 70-272 and if I remember correctly 45 or 50 on 70-271. I
    would also use MeasureUP software for getting ready for the exams as
    Microsoft seems to have adopted there format. There is also a free MCDST
    Course on the Microsoft web site, 6 hours to prepair for the exam. I found
    all this out after I wrote the exam. I bought the Microsoft Press 70-272
    Training Kit from Microsoft Press and I will complete all the labs in this
    book before I write it again. To be quite honest this book has taught me alot
    all ready about trouble shooting Office 2003 apps.

    Good Luck,
    Michael

    Michael, May 1, 2005

  3. henrie8

    Michael Guest

    Here is the URL for the course:
    https://www.microsoftelearning.com/eLearning/offerDetail.aspx?offerPriceId=54989
    as well in a lower post I put the URLs for a few other free courses from MS

    Michael, May 1, 2005
  4. henrie8

    T-Bone Guest

    "henrie8" <> wrote
    > I have been studying the Microsoft Self Study Book and hotcert.biz study
    > guide.

    Hotcert is the new supplier of cheating materials on the block. Don't be a
    cheating assfscker because if MS finds out they will take away your certs.

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL
    T-Bone, May 2, 2005
  5. henrie8

    Michael Guest

    T-Bone is correct, Stay away from all those crap BRAINDUMP Sites, they are no
    good for you not only can you loose your Certifications you are working hard
    to aquire, you will also get BLACKLISTED.... All the new Microsoft Exams are
    more & more type of questions that require you to do the actual steps to
    complete the task at hand, there are less and less multiple choice questions.
    I have never understood how some site can guarantee you to pass the exam. Use
    quality testing software from repritable companies like; MeasureUP,
    CramSession Preplogic, Books from Microsoft Press, ExamCram2, Thomson
    Learning, etc... Do some research before you spend your Money. Microsoft
    Press Books come with MeasureUP Software, that should tell you something. If
    you can not complete those tests you will not be ready...

    Good Luck

    Michael, May 2, 2005
  6. henrie8

    henrie8 Guest