exam question

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by lrobo01, Jan 13, 2006.

  1. lrobo01

    lrobo01 Guest

    I'm currently reviewing questions for the exam 70-306 win
    application. I have a question concerning two different version of
    TestKing question (version 3.0 and version 12.0). Question 1 on both
    exams asks about a setup project and it seem to be the same question
    but the answers are different. The questions are listed as:

    70-306 versions 3.0
    1. You use Visual Studio.NET to develop an application for users on
    your company intranet. All client computers use Internet Explorer as
    their Web browser. You plan to create a setup package to distribute
    your application. The setup package must fulfill the following
    requirements:
    * It is placed in a network folder that is accessible to users.
    * It is accessible through a link on your company's intranet.
    * It includes an uninstaller for the application.
    Which type of project should you create?
    A. CAB project
    B. Merge module project.
    C. Setup project.
    D. Web setup project.

    Answer: D

    70-306 versions 12.0
    QUESTION NO: 1
    You use Visual Studio .NET to develop an application for users the
    intranet of your company TestKing. All client computers use Internet
    Explorer as their Web browser. You plan to create a setup package to
    distribute your application. The setup package must fulfill the
    following requirements:
    · It is placed in a network folder that is accessible to users.
    · It is accessible through a link on your company's intranet.
    · It includes an uninstaller for the application.
    Which type of project should you create?
    A. CAB project.
    B. merge module project.
    C. setup project.
    D. Web setup project.
    Answer: C
    lrobo01, Jan 13, 2006

  2. lrobo01

    Jim Berg Guest

    Version 3 is wrong so they corrected in version 12. Web Setup projects are
    used for setting up Web Applications on Web Servers. Setup projects are used
    to setup Windows applications on target machines.

    Jim Berg, Jan 14, 2006

  3. lrobo01

    Bob Guest

    Construct a scenario and find out! That is what "study" is all about.

    Bob, Jan 17, 2006
  4. lrobo01

    Vipul Patel Guest

    I agree with Jim,

    Answer is web setup.
    But as Bob said, you need to learn also, so check out
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d.../vsintro7/html/vbconDeploymentOverNetwork.asp
    for more information.

    --
    Thanks
    Vipul Patel

    Vipul Patel, Jan 17, 2006
  5. lrobo01

    Jim Berg Guest

    I've found that a lot of the wrongness in tests does help a lot, but it can
    be frustrating, too. The skills assessments here at the Microsoft site are a
    good example. The answers to some of the questions are just wrong, but in
    doing the research to find out that they were wrong was a huge help to me.
    It also hurt me, too, so it's still a bother. The best questions on the
    practice tests are where the question is so vague, you're not really certain
    of what they are asking. It scared me that the actual test was like that,
    but now I know otherwise.

    Good luck.

    Jim Berg, Jan 18, 2006