    from cd (specilaized solutions inc.) ,questions are very difficult i
    hardly manage to achive 45% , i do not know if exam questions are more or
    less similer to this CD or questions in this CD are very difficult.

    mako, Apr 14, 2006

  2. Is that a question or a statement?

    --
    ..rev.mct.mcngp.44

    accepting it.
    ~Aristotle
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Apr 14, 2006

  3. mako

    mako Guest

    I think it's a question, so if anyone can help me
    thanks

    mako, Apr 14, 2006
  4. mako

    Syd Guest

    Even with my lack of english language I've been able to understand the meaning and purpose of Mako post.
    He tried to work out if the material study he is using is appropriate for the exam.
    It's the most frequent question in this newsgroup, of course.

    Sometimes this ng can be quite unfriendly (without a reason)

    Please Note: 'This is a statement'' (not a question)

    ''It's a concern of a good person to be intelligent, friendly and polite rather than ''just'' educated
    Myself

    Syd, Apr 17, 2006
  5. mako

    apr3000 Guest

    If you're talking about the "Microsoft Press Readiness Review Suite" test
    engine that comes on the CD, I just finished reading Chapters 1-12, and am
    half way through the prep chapters 13-16, just took a test in Study Mode and
    got 87%.

    My first question to you would be, have you read the material? If you have
    read the material, my second question would be; do you understand the
    material? If you understand the material then, are you reading and
    understanding the questions on the test that you hardly managing to achieve
    45%?

    My apologies if my questions seem condescending, but I believe in being
    prepared before taking an exam, especially if it costs $. If you have not yet
    read through all chapters, have done the practices, and review, and
    preparation chapters; don't even start on the practice tests. It's not a very
    efficient use of time. At least that's what my experience has shown me.

    I've already gotten my Cisco CCNA and Novell Administration certs; I'm
    taking MCDST because my job requires it. Don't get me wrong, this is a vital
    test for anyone who wants to be a good troubleshooter and want to start out a
    MCP certification path such as MCSE or MCDBA, that's my long term goal.

    My best advise is to have a strong comprehension what it is you are testing
    for before you start taking practice tests. Try to get a few practice tests
    above 75-80% before even considering scheduling for a test.

    If someone is trying to push you into taking the test sooner tell them:
    "Rome wasn't built in a day".

    PS: Those Cram kits are made for people who actually believe Rome was built
    in a day. Hiring managers would have you believe Rome is still being built. I
    think that's a good thing......But I digress.

    Cheers,
    Aaron

    apr3000, Apr 20, 2006
  6. mako

    Dave Guest

    I am also attempting an exam, when I decide which one, I hope I can count on
    you all for help

    Dave, Apr 23, 2006