    --
    Barney

    Always looking for help in order to help others.

    =?Utf-8?B?YmFybmV5IGJveQ==?=, Apr 6, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?YmFybmV5IGJveQ==?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "barney boy" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > whats the best order to take the exams, I'm not on a course and doing the
    > qualification off my own back.
    > --
    > Barney
    >
    > Always looking for help in order to help others.

    You must, I repeat MUST take the exams in numerical order. Any other order
    will completely invalidate your certification and you must start all over
    again. Microsoft keeps close tabs on the order that people take there exams
    in, so don't mess around with this!

    Similarly, you must read each MOC book from front to back and do not skip
    any chapters or read them out of order. Start with the introduction and
    table of contents, and do not forget to read the glossary and index when you
    are done with all the chapters. Microsoft knows when you've not followed
    these guidelines as well, and will fail your exam even if you get every
    single answer correct.

    Hope this helps!

    Have a nice day!

    Frisbee®, Apr 6, 2006

  3. Take 270 first. The XP exam is easier than the server exams and will get you
    used to the testing environment. After that its really a question of what
    order you want to study. 290 and 291 are pretty darn close to each other in
    content so I would plan to take them close to each other to get the most bang
    for your buck in terms of study time. Personally I did 290 and 291 next
    since that material is really essential for any of the design and
    infrastructure stuff.
    --
    John Strohecker, MCSE

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBTdHJvaGVja2Vy?=, Apr 6, 2006
  4. April 6, 2006

    I just want the original poster to realize this was extreme sarcasm on
    Frisbee's part, and you DO NOT have to take them in numerical order.

    (And you won't fail an exam if you miss a single question....)

    I haven't taken the MCSE exams, so can't comment on the easiest order, but
    John gave some good advice.

    Good luck!
    --
    Joseph Bittman
    Microsoft Certified Solution Developer

    Web Site/Blog: http://CactiDevelopers.ResDev.Net/

    Joseph Bittman MVP MCSD, Apr 6, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?YmFybmV5IGJveQ==?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "Joseph Bittman MVP MCSD" <> wrote in message
    > April 6, 2006
    >
    > I just want the original poster to realize this was extreme sarcasm on
    > Frisbee's part, and you DO NOT have to take them in numerical order.

    The hell you say!

    > (And you won't fail an exam if you miss a single question....)

    I don't recall stating anything that implied that, but wow... you sure about
    that?

    > I haven't taken the MCSE exams, so can't comment on the easiest order, but
    > John gave some good advice.

    Well, I'll just have to read old John's poast then!

    > Good luck!

    Takes more than luck, kid.

    Frisbee®, Apr 6, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?YmFybmV5IGJveQ==?=

    JaR Guest

    > I just want the original poster to realize this was extreme sarcasm on
    > Frisbee's part, and you DO NOT have to take them in numerical order.

    NO WAY!!!!1111ELEVEN!!!

    Sonofagun, you mean that I didn't have to take them all in order?

    Man, now you tell me!

    Furrfu!

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP #22

    JaR, Apr 6, 2006
  7. Thank you John i shall take your advice, I was intending to take 270 first as
    I am about to do my MCDST in the next three weeks. Thanks to Frisbee, it was
    so nice of you to help. Good job my English sense of humour is warped enough
    to have not taken you too seriously. What a way to treat a person in need !!

    =?Utf-8?B?YmFybmV5IGJveQ==?=, Apr 6, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?YmFybmV5IGJveQ==?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "barney boy" <> wrote in message
    > Thank you John i shall take your advice, I was intending to take 270 first
    > as
    > I am about to do my MCDST in the next three weeks. Thanks to Frisbee, it
    > was
    > so nice of you to help. Good job my English sense of humour is warped
    > enough
    > to have not taken you too seriously. What a way to treat a person in need
    > !!

    Well, I'm glad somebody gets it. Maybe you can explain it to humo(u)rless
    Mr. Bittman.

    Frisbee®, Apr 6, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?YmFybmV5IGJveQ==?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear =?Utf-8?B?YmFybmV5IGJveQ==?=
    <> say in news:A05DFE58-BCDF-4BF5-
    :

    > What a way to treat a person in need !!

    we aim to please (or at least enjoy a laugh)

    and remember all of your questions are answered at

    www.microsoft.com/learning

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win
    or lose... it's how drunk you get. - Homer Simpson

    Neil, Apr 6, 2006
  10. =?Utf-8?B?YmFybmV5IGJveQ==?=

    MitchS Guest

    > April 6, 2006
    >
    > I just want the original poster to realize this was extreme sarcasm on
    > Frisbee's part, and you DO NOT have to take them in numerical order.

    Extreme sarcasm loses much of it's wit and charm when you explicitly explain
    it as such, don't you think?

    --
    Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.

    MitchS, Apr 6, 2006
  11. April 6, 2006

    You are right.... mis-read, sorry... instead you stated you will fail even
    if you correctly answer all questions.

    Joseph Bittman MVP MCSD, Apr 6, 2006
  12. if that's the case do they know the lottery results for saturday

    =?Utf-8?B?YmFybmV5IGJveQ==?=, Apr 6, 2006
  13. =?Utf-8?B?YmFybmV5IGJveQ==?=

    MitchS Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote in message
    > "Joseph Bittman MVP MCSD" <> wrote in
    >
    >> I just want the original poster to realize this was extreme sarcasm on
    >> Frisbee's part, and you DO NOT have to take them in numerical order.

    > NO WAY!!!!1111ELEVEN!!!
    >
    > Sonofagun, you mean that I didn't have to take them all in order?
    >
    > Man, now you tell me!

    No doubt, I took all my core exams but took my design exam (70-298) before
    my elective (70-227) and had to start over. That really sucked. Now I
    can't get my messaging specialization because the exams come before 70-298,
    I guess I could start over again... jeez!

    --
    Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.

    MitchS, Apr 6, 2006
  14. =?Utf-8?B?YmFybmV5IGJveQ==?=

    Briscobar Guest

    barney boy <> rambled:

    > if that's the case do they know the lottery results for saturday

    Yes, but you'll have to download the trial version of Microsoft Lottery
    Server 2006.

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    www.mcngp.com nailed the Olsen twins before they were famous.

    Briscobar, Apr 6, 2006
  15. > Thank you John i shall...

    do as you say. I shall protect the village and guard the dojo. And I
    shall....water the plants.

    Death from Above

    Death from Above, Apr 6, 2006
  16. =?Utf-8?B?YmFybmV5IGJveQ==?=

    JaR Guest

    "MitchS" <> wrote in

    >> Frisbee's part, and you DO NOT have to take them in numerical order.

    > Extreme sarcasm loses much of it's wit and charm when you explicitly
    > explain it as such, don't you think?

    Oh, I dunno. That came off rather well.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP #22

    JaR, Apr 6, 2006
  17. I suggest that you take the practice exams backwards, and only if you passed
    backward.. then you can go for the real exams in consecutive order
    --
    I really enjoy talking to as-sholes on the net.
    It makes me sleep peacefully knowing that I didn’t hurt any innocent people

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJlYWQtdGVhc2Vy?=, Apr 7, 2006
  18. **JaR's** the one who fcukin said it
    <<-------------------------------->>
    > "MitchS" <> wrote in
    >
    >>> Frisbee's part, and you DO NOT have to take them in numerical order.

    >> Extreme sarcasm loses much of it's wit and charm when you explicitly
    >> explain it as such, don't you think?

    > Oh, I dunno. That came off rather well.

    I thoroughly enjoyed it!

    I'm gonna start reading up on Exam #1 tomorrow.

    --
    Bigus Di©kus
    MCNGP Sb (Antimony)

    Bigus Di©kus, Apr 7, 2006
  19. **Briscobar's** the one who fcukin said it
    <<-------------------------------->>
    > barney boy <> rambled:
    >>
    >> if that's the case do they know the lottery results for saturday

    > Yes, but you'll have to download the trial version of Microsoft
    > Lottery Server 2006.

    But you'll have to buy the full version, as the Trial Version only gives you
    numbers from the previous week.

    --
    Bigus Di©kus
    MCNGP Sb (Antimony)

    Bigus Di©kus, Apr 7, 2006
  20. **Death from Above's** the one who fcukin said it
    >> Thank you John i shall...

    > do as you say. I shall protect the village and guard the dojo. And I
    > shall....water the plants.

    HEY!!! The bathroom is out back. Don't go p!ssing on my plants!

    --
    Bigus Di©kus
    MCNGP Sb (Antimony)

    Bigus Di©kus, Apr 7, 2006