    first exam one whould take.

    Thanks,
    Kal

    sir kal, Oct 5, 2004

  2. Hi Kal,

    You can take them in any order, and there is no time limit other than when
    exams are discontinued.

    www.cindywinegarden.com

    Cindy Winegarden, Oct 5, 2004

  3. sir kal

    Sir Kal Guest

    Thank You very much for the reply Cindy. I am not sure i
    understood the exams being discontinued part. Do you mean
    that Microsoft will discontinue MCSD for .Net

    Thank,
    Kal

    Sir Kal, Oct 5, 2004
  4. sir kal

    Brad Guest

    Microsoft will, over time, discontinue specific exams as the technology that
    they cover becomes dated. For example, Microsoft discontinued all the
    Visual Studio 6 exams for the old MCSD. As new .NET versions come out and
    we eventually transition to Longhorn, the current .NET exams will probably
    eventually be retired (ie, no longer available to test takers). The
    certification you hold, such as MCAD, MCSD, etc., will continue to be valid.

    Brad, Oct 5, 2004
  5. sir kal

    Digby Guest

    In due course the current exam may be replaced with a new
    exam based for example on the 2005 edition of VB.NET.

    Digby

    Digby, Oct 6, 2004
  6. sir kal

    Guest Guest

    Thank You Digby and Brad for you responses.

    What happens if a exam gets dicontinued after i take it.
    Do i have to start all over again or can I give the
    remaining exams to get MCSD certification.

    Guest, Oct 6, 2004
  7. sir kal

    Brad Guest

    Probably all of the exams in a certain broad technology such as .NET 1.0/1.1
    will retire at the same time. That's pretty much what happened in June with
    the VS6 stuff. Don't sweat it, if you're starting now you probably have
    plenty of time. I wouldn't expect exam retirement announcements before end
    of next year at the earliest, with actual retirements taking place in 2006
    or later.

    Brad, Oct 6, 2004