  1. Marvin Watts

    Marvin Watts Guest

    Does anyone know how much the Exam Insurance costs?

    Marvin Watts, Dec 31, 2006

  2. Marvin Watts

    TurkReno Guest

    "Marvin Watts" <> wrote in news:uBtRnhLLHHA.2140
    @TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl:

    www.microsoftlearning.com

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP #50

    TurkReno, Dec 31, 2006

  3. Marvin Watts wrote:
    > Does anyone know how much the Exam Insurance costs?

    www.getcertify4less.com has a VUE exam insurance voucher for Vue for 165
    USD. I am guessing by your e-mail that you are in the US. Most of the
    partners have it for 170.00. I bought mine from this company because
    none of the listed providers for my state actually were selling the
    program.

    Jonathan

    Jonathan Roberts, Dec 31, 2006
  4. Q. How much does Exam Insurance cost?
    A. Pricing for Exam Insurance varies by region. Please contact a
    participating Microsoft Certified Partner for Learning Solutions for
    details.

    There is no set price. Apparently the company selling the exam insurance
    has some discretion in setting the price.

    Mark

    Mark Hatfield, Jan 2, 2007
  5. Mark Hatfield, Jan 2, 2007
  6. Mark Hatfield wrote:
    > There is no set price. Apparently the company selling the exam insurance
    > has some discretion in setting the price.

    Yes, that's right. It seems many in the US are selling it for 170.00.

    Jonathan Roberts, Jan 2, 2007
  7. Marvin Watts wrote:
    > Does anyone know how much the Exam Insurance costs?

    I also wanted to point out that you can buy the insurance from an out of
    state provider if necessary (if in the US, not sure on other countries).
    It seems the voucher can be used anywhere in the US, regardless of
    where you purchased it.

    Jonathan Roberts, Jan 2, 2007
  8. Jonathan, is there a benefit to that?

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Jan 2, 2007
  9. Michael D. Alligood wrote:
    > Jonathan, is there a benefit to that?
    >
    > --
    > Michael D. Alligood
    > MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
    > Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
    > CIW Certified Instructor
    >

    > "Jonathan Roberts" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Marvin Watts wrote:
    >> > Does anyone know how much the Exam Insurance costs?
    >> >

    >> I also wanted to point out that you can buy the insurance from an out of
    >> state provider if necessary (if in the US, not sure on other countries).
    >> It seems the voucher can be used anywhere in the US, regardless of
    >> where you purchased it.

    Only if your in-state providers don't exist or are unhelpful. I am in
    Louisiana. At the time I was hunting this down, there were 2 providers.
    One is actually not participating (not sure why they are listed) and
    the other doesn't return messages or e-mails. There is a third choice
    now which I didn't explore. It could be a Louisiana thing. We
    specialize in being dysfunctional. Just wanted to point this out in
    case anyone thought they were unable to buy the insurance for similar
    reasons.

    Jonathan Roberts, Jan 2, 2007
  10. Marvin Watts

    TurkReno Guest

    Jonathan Roberts <> wrote in

    > Subject: Re: Exam Insurance
    > From: Jonathan Roberts <>
    > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcdst
    >
    > Mark Hatfield wrote:
    >> There is no set price. Apparently the company selling the exam
    >> insurance has some discretion in setting the price.

    > Yes, that's right. It seems many in the US are selling it for 170.00.

    The original question, please, was what was Microsoft selling it for.

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP #50

    TurkReno, Jan 3, 2007
  11. TurkReno wrote:
    >> Mark Hatfield wrote:
    >>> There is no set price. Apparently the company selling the exam
    >>> insurance has some discretion in setting the price.

    >> Yes, that's right. It seems many in the US are selling it for 170.00.
    >>

    > The original question, please, was what was Microsoft selling it for.

    What is your point? Microsoft isn't selling it period. It is sold by
    MS partners. Many of which, as I stated, are selling it for 170.00.

    Jonathan Roberts, Jan 3, 2007
  12. Marvin Watts

    TurkReno Guest

    Jonathan Roberts <> wrote in news:OcrA3KzLHHA.4708
    @TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl:

    > Subject: Re: Exam Insurance
    > From: Jonathan Roberts <>
    > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcdst
    >
    > TurkReno wrote:
    >>> Yes, that's right. It seems many in the US are selling it for

    170.00.

    >> The original question, please, was what was Microsoft selling it for.

    > What is your point? Microsoft isn't selling it period. It is sold by
    > MS partners. Many of which, as I stated, are selling it for 170.00.

    Ok, a$$hole, there's no reason to get cocky about it. I asked a simple
    question. Whoever the hell that you think you are, you need to
    reconsider your place in life before it becomes my goal to flame every
    single post you may make. Please lay off before you and I have words.

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP #50

    TurkReno, Jan 4, 2007
  13. TurkReno wrote:
    >>> The original question, please, was what was Microsoft selling it for.

    >> What is your point? Microsoft isn't selling it period. It is sold by
    >> MS partners. Many of which, as I stated, are selling it for 170.00.
    >>

    > Ok, a$$hole, there's no reason to get cocky about it. I asked a simple
    > question. Whoever the hell that you think you are, you need to
    > reconsider your place in life before it becomes my goal to flame every
    > single post you may make. Please lay off before you and I have words.

    Lasher,

    I'm not sure what you have understood by my post. I was simply trying
    to clarify what you were asking. Plain and simple.

    To be honest, I felt like you were flaming my response. If I sounded
    that way in return, it was probably just an instinctual reaction. I
    trust you understand how emails and posts can be mis-read by any party, etc.

    Jonathan

    Jonathan Roberts, Jan 4, 2007
  14. No, the original question was, "Does anyone know how much the Exam
    Insurance costs?"; which was answered correctly by you providing the
    link. Microsoft as you know does not sell exam insurance outright. Their
    Microsoft Certified Partner for Learning Solutions do. I understand the
    MCNGP, and how it works. There is no need to talk to a person like that.
    Flame him if you like, but come on man; calling a person that because
    you were incorrect is just wrong. Or were you just trolling again? :)
    In which case, I fell for it!

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Jan 4, 2007
  15. Marvin Watts

    TurkReno Guest

    "Michael D. Alligood" <> wrote in

    > No, the original question was, "Does anyone know how much the Exam
    > Insurance costs?"; which was answered correctly by you providing the
    > link. Microsoft as you know does not sell exam insurance outright.

    Their
    > Microsoft Certified Partner for Learning Solutions do. I understand

    the
    > MCNGP, and how it works. There is no need to talk to a person like

    that.
    > Flame him if you like, but come on man; calling a person that because
    > you were incorrect is just wrong. Or were you just trolling again? :)
    > In which case, I fell for it!
    >
    > --
    > Michael D. Alligood
    > MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
    > Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
    > CIW Certified Instructor

    I would only be trolling if I didn't have my MCDST and was here for my
    general instable health of mind. There was a point where you could
    Google base the amount of posts in this forum and I easily lead in 1st
    by a landslide. Just recently has there been an influx of people to
    come to this forum and really hit it hard and I think its because of
    Beta Upgrade. Either way, you did fall for it. Was I reading? No. Do
    I usually read? Sometimes, its selective on good days. Flaming? HA!
    Go ask lowdes what flaming is.

    Yes, and I'm quite aware that Microsoft sells absolutely nothing and
    they have no profit base whatsoever and they are a not-for-profit
    organization................................ .....................
    ............................ .
    ........... ................ ...
    ..So yeah, that's about where you lost me. There is always the
    possiblity that Microsoft could be selling the Insurance as they do sell
    their eLearning.

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP #50

    TurkReno, Jan 5, 2007
  16. Marvin Watts

    TurkReno Guest

    Jonathan Roberts <> wrote in

    > To be honest, I felt like you were flaming my response. If I sounded
    > that way in return, it was probably just an instinctual reaction. I
    > trust you understand how emails and posts can be mis-read by any
    > party, etc.
    >
    > Jonathan

    I wasn't flaming. If I wanted to flame, I'd start digging and then come
    back with an arsenal. Swat flies with nuclear weapons, no? Either way,
    misunderstandings can happen so I mis-read your "What is your point?"
    and took that a bit too seriously. You have my apologies.

    And Michael D. Alligood, this is for you:

    Don't ever think that the MCNGP is something that you already have an
    idea of. Presuming to think to know of what or who we are is silly and
    premature since you are not an MCNGP. The acronym is a joke, obviously.
    Reading the website is just the beginning. Think deeper. Not all of us
    troll on cyberspace all day ;-) Some of us actually do have activities
    that are far beyond a simple acronym that we bring to the table. We
    simply all hold one thing in common, the aforementioned guidelines on
    the website (at www.mcngp.com) and the NDA on tests are non-negotiable
    and breaking them holds serious consequenses.

    Sometimes, its not all fun and games. Sometimes it is. Some of us come
    here to let our stress out on the willing in a twisted tale of S&M via
    UseNet because we've had a bad day at work. For me, I write because I
    write. I motivate and attempt to inspire. Maybe I have been a bit lax
    on those two things lately, but its all slowly coming back to me
    designing my website. Go register at either the MCNGP site or my site,
    or both. I encourage you and anyone else to do so.

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP #50

    TurkReno, Jan 5, 2007
  17. Marvin Watts

    TurkReno Guest

    TurkReno <> wrote in

    > There is always the
    > possiblity that Microsoft could be selling the Insurance as they do sell
    > their eLearning.

    And looking at the MCP site, I know it says otherwise now...but it was with
    a subscription to TechNet. Nevermind.

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP #50

    TurkReno, Jan 5, 2007
  18. Yeah, if you buy exam insurance and test before January 30, 2007; you
    get access to a one year subscription to TechNet Direct.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Jan 5, 2007