    The only way you will know how many questions are in the exam and how long you will get to answer them is to go and take the exam.

    All the best,
    Daniel
    Daniel, Jan 31, 2005

  2. Daniel

    Pete Guest

    Sorry but exam is not adative it's 64 questions in 271
    and I heard it was 54 in 272. I am sure about 271 I took
    it and passed it 783 was my score.

    expect in the exam and how long it will last?".

    >It would appear that the exams are adaptive. The number

    of questions in the exam vary and it's not possible to
    get 100%.

    >Adaptive exams evaluate your response to a question and

    present the next question of higher or lower difficulty
    depending on the correctness of your previous answer. The
    exam marks are not based upon how many questions you get
    right. It is derived from the weight given to correct and
    incorrect answers given to questions from varying levels
    of difficulty. You need to achieve 700 or more points to
    pass.

    Pete, Jan 31, 2005

  3. Daniel

    Jason Guest

    Sorry Daniel,

    Pete is right here, Microsoft has temporarily suspended the use of adaptive examinations as some flaws in the process were discovered. Straight linear exams have been in place for a few years now...(at least 3 that I know of since I have been testing).

    Jason, Feb 1, 2005
  4. Daniel

    T-Bone Guest

    "Daniel" <> wrote
    > It would appear that the exams are adaptive. The number of questions in

    the exam vary and it's not possible to get 100%.

    Why not actually check the microsoft site before you start spewing?

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning

    Passing score is 700 for all exams, but they are not adaptive. However the
    number of questions will change for each exam.

    I won't even guess how you concluded its not possible to get 100%.

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL
    T-Bone, Feb 1, 2005
  5. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    Why don't you get a life and learn how to communicate??!!!

    This wording has been copied "exactly" as written on an official MCDST
    70-271 Readiness Review Suite CD-ROM. I don't make up the wording and I am
    certainly not "spewing". People come to these newsgroups for help and
    assistance and my aim (clearly unlike yours) is to try and provide some
    advice.

    You clearly have no idea how to communicate with other human beings. There
    is such a thing as "politeness" and the majority of humans use it. If you
    don't agree with someone or something you should find out the facts before
    criticizing others.

    Daniel, Feb 8, 2005
  6. Daniel

    Paul Guest

    yeah
    Paul, Feb 8, 2005
  7. Daniel

    T-Bone Guest

    "Daniel" <> wrote
    > Why don't you get a life and learn how to communicate??!!!

    I am communicating just fine.

    > This wording has been copied "exactly" as written on an official MCDST
    > 70-271 Readiness Review Suite CD-ROM.

    Then please provide a reference. As the other responses to your message said
    as well as me, the exams are not adaptive. I want to know what materials to
    recommend against if they are making statements contrary to what Microsoft
    says.

    > People come to these newsgroups for help and
    > assistance and my aim (clearly unlike yours) is to try and provide some
    > advice.

    Posting misinformation does not help anybody.

    > There
    > is such a thing as "politeness" and the majority of humans use it.

    I have the fact as they are stated by Microsoft. You can't get more official
    then that. Polite reponses are reserved for those who warrant it.

    > If you
    > don't agree with someone or something you should find out the facts before
    > criticizing others.

    "Hello kettle, this is Daniel. You're black."

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL
    T-Bone, Feb 8, 2005