Exam confusion....Please help...

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Mal, Oct 15, 2003.

  1. Mal

    Mal Guest

    Hi,

    I have been studying for the A+ exams for the last 4 months based on the
    2001 criteria. I have just learnt that there will be an upgrade for 2003. If
    I was to take both A+ exams (linear) based on the 2001 criteria..will this
    allow me to gain the A+ certification?

    I read somewhere that you can only get the certification if you have taken
    one exam based on the 2001 criteria and one on the 2003 or if both exams are
    based on the 2003...

    I am very confused..I was hoping to take both exams together within the next
    2 weeks, however the 2003 criteria wont be effective until 26th Nov..

    If I was to take both A+ exams based on the 2001 criteria, will I receive A+
    certification?

    Also do the certificates for the A+ based on the 2003 criteria and 2001 look
    different or identical.

    Your help is much appreciated.
    Mal

    Mal, Oct 15, 2003

  2. Mal

    Bruce R Guest

    Hi Mal,

    I have just completed the A+ exams and had the same concerns so I emailed
    CompTIA. They confirmed that your certificate does not state anything about
    2001 or 2003 objectives; it simply states the date you gained your
    certification. So there is no problem going for it now. Email me if you want
    me to forward you a copy of the email I received from CompTIA.

    I believe that you are better off going for it before November 26 as the
    questions on the 2003 objectives won't be scored before then.

    I hope that this helps.

    Bruce R, A+
    Melbourne, Australia

    news:GU4jb.4512$...> Hi,

    Bruce R, Oct 15, 2003

  3. Mal

    Mal Guest

    Thanks for replying Bruce..I have email you..

    Mal, Oct 15, 2003