    only source to study from but it would still be nice to have the cd. If
    there's anyway of obtaining one I would appreciate the info. I haven't found
    any answers after searching Microsoft's site.
    coolshock1, Aug 2, 2006

  2. coolshock1

    Lasher Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?Y29vbHNob2NrMQ==?= <>
    wrote in news::

    > I just recently decided to start on the MS cert path. I bought the MS
    > Press book for the 70-271 test. I got it used but in excellent shape
    > from Amazon. The only thing was 1 of the cd's was missing and it
    > happens to be the one with the practice test on it. Is there anyway of
    > obtaining this disc somehow? I have been reading up here on the forums
    > and realize that this won't be the only source to study from but it
    > would still be nice to have the cd. If there's anyway of obtaining one
    > I would appreciate the info. I haven't found any answers after
    > searching Microsoft's site.

    There is a way. You could call Amazon.com and complain or you can get
    the practice tests from MeasureUp (going to cost you more money), which
    are actually what are included on that CD. imho, however, I did think
    that the questions that were on the MeasureUp CD were a bit harder than
    the actual exam if you do get a chance to see them.

    --
    -Lasher
    MCNGP #50
    Lasher, Aug 2, 2006

  3. coolshock1

    coolshock1 Guest

    I was consider the CBT Nuggets cd's, I just read about them yesterday. How do
    the Measure Up cd's rate vs. the Nuggets cd's?

    coolshock1, Aug 2, 2006
  4. coolshock1

    Lasher Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?Y29vbHNob2NrMQ==?= <>
    wrote in news::

    > I was consider the CBT Nuggets cd's, I just read about them yesterday.
    > How do the Measure Up cd's rate vs. the Nuggets cd's?

    I would say Trancender is probably better than most for this exam. CBT
    Nuggets I didn't use for this exam. Mostly, I had the experience and
    studied the MSPress books. The exams included with them, like I mentioned,
    was a bit confusing as to what was being covered.

    --
    -Lasher
    MCNGP #50
    Lasher, Aug 2, 2006
  5. coolshock1

    coolshock1 Guest

    Thanks. I will keep doing my research.

    I just got my book yesterday. I have been a Systems Admin for a small/med
    sized company for about 1 1/2yrs. I AM the IT dept for the company so have
    been getting my feet wet. I started right before I graduated with my BS in
    Network and Communications Management. I noticed that a lot of jobs in the
    Chicagoland area are looking for certs and experience.

    coolshock1, Aug 2, 2006
  6. coolshock1

    Lasher Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?Y29vbHNob2NrMQ==?= <>
    wrote in news:D:

    > Thanks. I will keep doing my research.
    >
    > I just got my book yesterday. I have been a Systems Admin for a
    > small/med sized company for about 1 1/2yrs. I AM the IT dept for the
    > company so have been getting my feet wet. I started right before I
    > graduated with my BS in Network and Communications Management. I
    > noticed that a lot of jobs in the Chicagoland area are looking for
    > certs and experience.

    Well, as you do your research, I'd also like to just point out to you
    that this certification will not be carried over to Windows Vista,
    however it will currently work as an elective towards an MCSA/MCSE track.
    Just thought you should know that =)

    --
    -Lasher
    MCNGP #50
    Lasher, Aug 3, 2006
  7. "Lasher" wrote...

    > Well, as you do your research, I'd also like to just point out to you
    > that this certification will not be carried over to Windows Vista,
    > however it will currently work as an elective towards an MCSA/MCSE track.
    > Just thought you should know that =)

    MCDST counts as an elective for MCSA but not MCSE.
    --
    Darth Windows
    Darth Windows, Aug 3, 2006
  8. coolshock1

    Lasher Guest

    "Darth Windows" <> wrote in

    > MCDST counts as an elective for MCSA but not MCSE.
    > --
    > Darth Windows
    > --
    > Certifications:
    > MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MOS Master, Security+, Network+, A+
    > --

    Generally people who go for an MCSE tend to get their MCSA along the
    way...Thats why I included BOTH certifications. Read before you type
    again, please.

    --
    -Lasher
    MCNGP #50
    Lasher, Aug 3, 2006
  9. coolshock1

    coolshock1 Guest

    Thanks. I was looking at what the track would be. Here's what I fgured I
    would need if I was to go all the way.

    70-271 - MCP
    +
    70-272 - MCDST
    +
    70-270 / 70-290 / 70-291 - MCSA

    MCSA
    +
    70-293 / 70-294 / 70-297 - MCSE

    Hopefully I typed this out clear enough. Does this sound about right?

    coolshock1, Aug 3, 2006
  10. "Lasher" wrote...
    > Generally people who go for an MCSE tend to get their MCSA along the
    > way...Thats why I included BOTH certifications. Read before you type
    > again, please.

    Did read first, thanks. For those that visit the newsgroup and don't bother
    doing their research including both certs in your post implied the MCDST
    could be used as an elective for the MCSA so I was just pointing it out.
    Keeping in mind the kind of newbies we get can you go back and read your own
    post, please.

    --
    Darth Windows
    Darth Windows, Aug 3, 2006
  11. coolshock1

    coolshock1 Guest

    Darth Windows,

    Are you trying to say that MCDST can't be used as an elective for MCSA?

    coolshock1, Aug 3, 2006
  12. coolshock1

    coolshock1 Guest

    Disregard the last post.

    coolshock1, Aug 3, 2006
  13. coolshock1

    Seith Guest

    If you give me an email address, I will send you a zip copy of the CD.
    --
    God Bless you

    Seith, Aug 9, 2006
  14. coolshock1

    Lasher Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?Y29vbHNob2NrMQ==?= <> wrote
    in news::

    > Darth Windows,
    >
    > Are you trying to say that MCDST can't be used as an elective for MCSA?

    No.

    --
    -Lasher
    MCNGP #50