  1. lbills

    lbills Guest

    Will passing MCTS exam 70-526 earn a MCP designation? Thanks.

    lbills, Apr 11, 2007

  2. lbills

    Tony Wissler Guest

    Yes, It will.

    Per Microsoft's site:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcp/requirements.mspx

    You will see the blurb: Note Exams 70-058 and 70-536 are exceptions to the
    one exam requirement. Passing either of these exams will not certify an
    individual as an MCP.

    BTW, I just took this exam this morning at 8:00am and Passed with a 900 with
    a requirement of 700 points. I don't know exactly what those numbers mean
    other then I didn't just scrape by.

    My best advice for the exam - KNOW the Data section from the exam spec sheet
    that is on the Microsoft site for 70-526. Especially XML!

    Regards-

    Tony Wissler
    _noSPAM_

    Tony Wissler, Apr 13, 2007

  3. lbills

    Moojjoo Guest

    Tony you said, "Yes, It will." BUT in the statement from microsoft it says,

    > You will see the blurb: Note Exams 70-058 and 70-536 are exceptions to the
    > one exam requirement. Passing either of these exams will not certify an
    > individual as an MCP.

    Passing 70-536 WILL NOT certify and individual as an MCP, so doesn't that
    mean that it

    WILL NOT Certify and individual as an MCP?

    --
    <moojjoo/>

    Moojjoo, Apr 14, 2007
  4. lbills

    lbills Guest

    My current understanding (for what it's worth) is that passing 70-526 will
    earn MCP, but 70-536 will not. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

    lbills, Apr 15, 2007
  5. lbills

    Tony Wissler Guest

    Re-Read the post.

    Are we talking 70-526 or 70-536... ?

    526 alone, WILL

    536 alone, WILL NOT.

    Tony Wissler, Apr 17, 2007
  6. lbills

    Tony Wissler Guest

    From my understanding - you are correct!

    Tony Wissler, Apr 17, 2007
  7. lbills

    Jimmy Guest

    When you say MCP, is this diff than MCPD ?

    Jimmy, Apr 17, 2007