    I want to ask you if you think is enough reading just this book or I'll need any other supporting material.
    Also I want to ask anybody who has taken this exam before wich skills are key to pass the exam.
    Thanks in advance for your help answering to my questions.

    Planet Earth, May 19, 2007

  2. Planet Earth

    Brian Komar Guest

    On Sat, 19 May 2007 18:33:36 -0300, Planet Earth wrote:

    > Hi everyone.
    > I'm currently studying for the exam 70-350 using the "Implementing MS ISA Server 2004 Self-paced Training Kit" book, and I schedule taking the exam on the first week of June.
    > I want to ask you if you think is enough reading just this book or I'll need any other supporting material.
    > Also I want to ask anybody who has taken this exam before wich skills are key to pass the exam.
    > Thanks in advance for your help answering to my questions.

    I recommend deploying and using the product.
    Brian

    Brian Komar, May 20, 2007

  3. Planet Earth

    Planet Earth Guest

    Well, currently I'm working with ISA Server 2000 and I'm upgrading to ISA
    Server 2004.

    Planet Earth, May 20, 2007
  4. Planet Earth

    Montreal MCT Guest

    Well then Brian, I do not want to discourage you, but if you have not
    implemented and worked with ISA 2004 then you are not likely to pass 70-350.
    ISA 2004 is about as different from ISA 2000 as two similarly named products
    can be. Hold off on the exam, deploy and work with 2004 for a bit, and then
    take the exam.

    Good luck!

    Montreal MCT, May 20, 2007
  5. Planet Earth

    Brian Komar Guest

    ummm... I'm Brian.... Not the guy asking about the exam.
    Brian (former MCT, current MVP)

    Brian Komar, May 20, 2007
  6. Planet Earth

    Montreal MCT Guest

    My bad :)

    Montreal MCT, May 20, 2007
  7. Planet Earth

    Planet Earth Guest

    Actually I've been working with ISA Server 2004 SE several months in a test
    environment, and I'm pretty sure I know the basics concepts detailed in the
    MS Preparation Guide for exam 70-350.
    Although I don't master the product (yet), I've purchased the Training Kit
    book to help me achieve a higher degree of understanding of the different
    tasks I can perform with the product.
    Moreover, I'm searching for practice tests to make sure I qualify for taking
    the exam.
    So, can anybody give me some tips to point to the right direction towards
    pass the exam?
    Thanks for your help.

    Planet Earth, May 20, 2007
  8. Planet Earth

    Montreal MCT Guest

    Well Planet, it sounds like you are on the right road to passing. Test
    environment - check. Training Guide - check (The MS Press Self-Paced
    Training book comes with an excellent test prep software called Readiness
    Review Suite... go through that a few times!... check) Asking the right
    people the right questions - check.

    Now the only missing check is scheduling the exam! Good luck and let us
    know how it goes!

    Montreal MCT, May 20, 2007
  9. Yep, good luck on the exam. Use your test environment to install and setup a
    reverse proxy ISA 2004 array with integrated full-duplex NLB. If you can do
    this without having to consult some exam prep or the web, odds are you are
    probably ok for practical understanding.

    If you need supplemental test prep software beyond the readiness review
    suite included with the book, I would advise looking at MeasureUp. The value
    is much better than Transcender, although in my experience Transcender has
    more comprehensive test coverage, a better testing engine, and it is nice to
    have a console app. The choice is up to you.

    Good luck! Post back with how you do...
    --
    Wayne Anderson

    =?Utf-8?B?V2F5bmUgQW5kZXJzb24=?=, May 22, 2007