Exam 70-320 Test exam question

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by =?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3IFNoZXBoZXJk?=, Apr 16, 2005.

  1. This is a question from the automated practice test that comes with the
    Micrsoft MCSD boxed set of books. I think it's wrong.

    You create a Windows Service that connects to a SQL Server data source when
    a user logs on. You find that because of network problems the client
    application disconnects from the data source. You need to change the Windows
    Service so that it checks the connection every five minutes and reconnects to
    the data source if the connection is broken. You need to add this
    functionality to the Windows Service, so you uninstall the service add the
    functionality. You then rebuild and reinstall the service. However, when you
    run the service, you cannot see the newly added functionality. Which of the
    following tasks should you perform to view the new functionality? (Choose one
    correct option.)

    1) Update the existing installers, and then rebuild the service application.
    2) Debug the service, and find out why you cannot view the functionality.
    3) Remove the existing installers, add new installers, and then rebuild the
    service aplication.
    4) Verify the permissions for the security context, and then rebuild the
    service application.

    Answer: 3 (???)

    What does removing the installers do? If you look at the code in the
    studio-generated installers, it just consists of basic properties like the
    service name and the account. Why would removing the installers and adding
    identical installers have any impact at all?

    =?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3IFNoZXBoZXJk?=, Apr 16, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3IFNoZXBoZXJk?=

    Joseph MCAD Guest

    April 16, 2005

    3 wouldn't have any impact. A, C, and D don't state a solution that will
    work. It is something else besides the installers and security so you will
    have to debug it and find out what is causing the problem. Therefore the
    answer is B. Hope you have a great day!

    Joseph Bittman
    Microsoft Certified Application
    Developer